Mobility Versus Security
- CALEA generates mixed views. // Wireless Review;08/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p10
Evaluates the scope of obligations outlined in CALEA by representatives from the telecommunications industry and federal law enforcement agencies. Amendment lawsuit filed for wiretap requirements of carriers' records; Issue on the adoption of standards set for the wireless industry; Eligibility...
- Did you know... // Communications News;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
Provides information on the use of time division multiple access/advanced mobile phone service (TDMA/AMPS). Number of countries that use the standard; Number of cellular customers of TDMA/AMPS; Digital subscribers of IS-54B/IS-136 standard.
- (Un)wired. Sabatini, Jeff // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Mar2000, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p62
Presents information on Bluetooth, a wireless communications standard developed by telecommunication companies in Scandinavia such as Ericsson and Nokia. How the technology works; Significance to automotive product development.
- 802.11 ALPHABET SOUP--FASTER, MORE SECURE, AND MEDIA READY. O'Reilly, Dennis // PCWorld;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p94
Focuses on a wider application of the 802.11 standards for wireless networking in 2003. Success of 802.11b in 2002; Significance of 802.11e, 802.11g and 802.11i standards.
- Taiwanese Cabinet ratifies 4G timetable. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that the National Communications Commission (NCC) in Taiwan will start to implement fourth generation (4G) wireless standards in July 2013, with the issuance of licenses to be completed by 2014.
- Where will convergence take place in wireless? Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p40
Deals with issues concerning the wireless communications industry. Problems surrounding the convergence trend in the industry; Aim of the Speech Application Language Tag standard established by some companies; Challenges facing the industry.
- NEW ETSI HIPERMAN STRANDED TO BE BASED ON OFDM TECHNOLOGY. // Computer Protocols;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the European Telecommunication Standards Institute HIPERMAN standard based on orthogonal frequency division multiplexing for high-speed wireless access communications.
- Look Before You Leap. CROWE, DAVID // Wireless Review;02/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the risks faced by the 3G/IMT-2000 standardization. Purpose of the standardization; Significance of the standardization of the computer programming language; Why radio interfaces should not be standardized; Weaknesses of wireless telecommunication systems.
- Split Ends. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p57
Focuses on third generation partnership project (3GPP) and 3GPP2, groups that are developing standards for 3G wireless systems. 3G system focus of each group; Technical specification groups of 3GPP and 3GPP2.