Singapore's 40 Richest
- Southeast Asia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Serafin, Tatiana; von Zeppelin, Cristina // Forbes Asia;9/19/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p34
The article presents the 40 richest businesspeople in Southeast Asia including Malaysian Robert Kuok, Kwek Leng Beng of Singapore and Lucio Tan of Philippines.
- Global Crossing. KARMALI, NAAZNEEN; BEHAL, AMBIKA; CHEN, CAROLINE; SAVAGE, PHYLLIS FANG; FLANNERY, RUSSELL; KILACHAND, SEAN; MERTENS, BRIAN; NAM, SUZANNE; JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA; SOLOMON, BRIAN; TAN, JESSICA // Forbes Asia;Sep2013, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p116
The article discusses the business moves by the richest individuals in Singapore as of September 2013, particularly their expansions to foreign countries. It cites the plan by property developer City Developments chairman Kwek Leng Beng to expand in China and London, England. The other top...
- A time for vision, sound judgement and courage: Singapore's future is bright. Beng, Kwek Leng // Executive Speeches;Apr/May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p33
Presents a speech given at the opening dedication ceremony for the Republic Plaza, Singapore's tallest building to date, by Kwek Leng Beng, group executive chairman of the Hong Leong Group, on January 18, 1998.
- The Mystery Man Who Took the Plaza From Donald Trump. Kraar, Louis // Fortune;12/25/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 13, p50
Profiles Kwek Leng Beng, the Singapore investor who with Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bought New York City's Plaza hotel from Donald Trump. Kwek's investment style; His views of Trump; Details of Kwek's acquisition of the hotel.
- M&C unveils new Studio M brand. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/27/2009, Issue 2891, p20
The article reports that Millennium & Copthorne Hotels has launched Studio M international hotel brand in Great Britain. It states that the new brand is aimed at business and leisure travellers, featuring functional and brimming with technology. Company chairman Kwek Leng Beng says that the...
- Landed Gentry. N. P. J. // Forbes Asia;Aug2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p56
The article offers information on business strategies adopted by businessman Sam Goi.
- Ready to Roll. JETLEY, NEERJA PAWHA // Forbes Asia;Aug2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p54
The article talks about Sam Goi, a businessman from Singapore who has made his mark in the food industry. Food wasn't a business that San Goi originally wanted to set up. His father, Goi Koh Tong, a farmer in China's Fujian province, had opened a small grocery store. San Goi dropped out of high...
- Indian HNI Population on the Rise. // Money Today;Nov2011, p3
The article reports on the growth of the number of high net worth individuals in India by 20.8% to 1.53,000 in 2010 compared with 1.26,700 in 2009, according to the 2011 Asia-Pacific Wealth Report by Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management and Capgemini.
- Here's a news flash: Texas is rich and getting richer. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;9/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Focuses on the number of rich people living in Texas. Counties where the rich usually reside; Sources of economic funds for the state; Other states competing against Texas in terms of the number of rich residents.