Tale of Two Families
- The E to Z of Ayurveda. // Business Today;12/28/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p42
The article examines the impact of the acquisition of Zandu Pharmaceutical Works Ltd. on the economic and financial performance of Emami in India in 2008. Emami reveals its plans to focus on products that would certainly be on demand among consumers along with the development of products with...
- Colossal changes. Honomichl, Jack // Marketing News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 17, pH2
Reports on the increase in the acquisition activity in the global research industry. Increase in the revenues of research companies in 2000; Estimated number of firms acquired in 2001; Level of the acquisition activities of European companies in 2001.
- Buying growth is not enough. // Advertising Age;3/26/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p20
The article discusses the importance of so-called organic growth, the increase of a company's revenue from within, rather than through expansion or acquisitions, in the advertising industry. While acquisition deals allow an agency to increase its revenue, the trend is coming to an end because...
- Of mists and M&A fruitfulness. Beioley, Kate // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/16/2013, p30
The article provides information on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) of business organizations as of September 2013. The number of deals conducted in September 2013 is slightly lower than the average for the previous month, but the total value rocketed to more than double the previous top-value...
- Emami plans further acquisitions of brands; to look for national as well as international companies; To focus more on the emerging markets. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/17/2014, p10
The article reports on India-based consumer goods manufacturer Emami Ltd.'s plan to make additional acquisitions and expand in emerging markets.
- Selling Your Business. Skelly, Jon // Supply House Times;Jan2008, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the important steps that businesspeople should consider when selling a business in the U.S. It suggests that owners and operators should properly prepare for a sale and consider the main criteria that buyers use for assessing the attractiveness of an acquisition, such as...
- Due Diligence Takes Center Stage In Acquisitions. Burr, Michael T. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2004, Vol. 14 Issue 154, p72
Focuses on the concern of companies on the risks involved in acquiring or merging with another company in the U.S. Emphasis on the cultural value of the company; Diligence in corporate acquisitions; Examination of financial and factual issues.
- Take methodological approach to corporate acquisition procedures. Paul, Ronald N. // Marketing News;5/30/1980, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p12
Discusses several steps to be taken by a company in applying a methodological approach to corporate acquisition. Factors to consider in developing specific acquisition criteria and strategies, including the level and quality of financial performance; Sources of the data to be used for the...
- Movers and shakers in the chemical industry. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;5/30/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p19
Reports on global business developments in the chemical industry. Financial performance of Sabic, ExxonMobil Chemical, Sinopec, Shell Chemicals and Chevron Phillips Chemical; Names of chemical companies with portfolios in commodities and specialties; Acquisition of Hexion Specialty Chemicals.