Cambodia's 'Aw, Shucks' Banker
- Moody's downgrades 5 Japanese banks. Fowler, Brian // American Banker;5/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 100, p26
Reports that on May 27, 1998, Moody's Investors Services said it has downgraded five major Japanese banks credit and financial strength ratings, in a sign of sagging confidence in Japan's financial system. Number of banks put on review for possible downgrading by Moody; What prompted the move...
- Moody's: Some Banks May Get Upgrades. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/6/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 108, p20
New York-based rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. reiterated its positive view on the U.S. banking industry on June 5, 2003, when it issued its annual banking report. While the overall credit trend among companies worldwide worsened somewhat last year, credit among U.S. companies was...
- Moody's downgrades four major US banks. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;11/15/2013, p13
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the credit ratings of four U.S. banks, namely the Bank of New York Mellon, Goldman Sachs Group, JP Morgan Chase & Co., and Morgan Stanley, on the belief that the government would be less likely to help them in a new crisis.
- Rating review threat to UK banks. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/14/2011, p28
The article presents information on a report from Moody's Investors Service Inc., which depicts downgrading in the credit ratings of Great Britain's bank because the country's financial authorities are unwilling to bail them out.
- Contagion fears grow over Greek debt risks. // Fund Strategy;6/21/2011, p12
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service is considering a downgraded credit rating for banks involved and exposed to the Greek government debt. The credit ratings agency plans to revise its rating for Credit Agricole, BNP Paribas and Societe Generale due to the possibility of...
- Brazil's Banks Follow Credit Downgrade of EU, U.S. Banks. // New American (08856540);7/23/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the move of one of the Big Three bond credit rating firms, Moody's Investors Service to downgrade the credit rating of 11 banks in Brazil on June 27, 2012 due to the government credit rating of sovereign debt.
- Moody's downgrades Spanish banks. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;6/26/2012, p22
The article focuses on the credit rating of Spanish banks by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. It mentions that Moody's has downgraded the credit rating of 28 Spanish banks, with downgrading the rating of one bank by one notch, 11 banks by two notches and six banks by four notches....
- European bank upgrades expected under new ratings approach. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;3/5/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the plan of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to upgrade most banks in Europe to Aaa under the new Joint Default Analysis of the agency. In line with its new methodology, Moody's will bring the long-term and bank financial strength ratings for more than 1,000 banks in 90...
- Moody's' Proposed LGD Rating Could Lead To Lean Upgrades. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the plan of Moody's Investor Service Inc. to issue two new credit ratings for investing companies in the U.S. The two methods include probability of default rating and the loss-given-default rating that aimed to further breakdown the elements of credit risks. The...