Face Behind the Facts
- Making the Grade: University Presses. Clark, Philip // Lambda Book Report;Sep99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p9
Provides information on the publication of gay and lesbian scholarly books in the United States university presses. Impact of the gay-themed books published in schools; Commitment of the university presses in publishing gay-themed books.
- SUMMER SCHOOL. Young, Gordon // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p51
Presents information on conferences for magazine publishers in the United States as June 2003. Design conference of the 'HOW ' magazine; Annual meeting of the Investigative Reporters and Editors; Writers & Editors/One-on-One Conference.
- FIRST THOUGHTS. Slater, Jim // Image Technology;Sep1995, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p192
The article offers insights into the publication and publishing of the journal "Image Technology" in Great Britain and other parts of the world. The author is grateful to John Gainsborough for his kindness to help him settle into the editor's chair. In addition, the author assures to continue to...
- THE EDITOR: 'Morgan, You Should Have Stayed' Rawson, Joel // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p41
The article presents a narrative of how the author became the executive editor of The Providence Journal. I worked at The Providence Journal from 1971 to 1986, when I went to The Lexington Herald Leader. While I was in Lexington, the man who was the publisher and principal owner of the...
- Exploring the Landscape of Digital Publishing. Burton, Katherine // Spectra;Mar2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on the shift of academic journal publishers on digital publishing. It mentions that the models of publishers embraced the digital world to offer more value-driven support for the research community through the development of electronic (e)-journal publishing programs. It...
- Editorial: THE FIFTH DECADE. // Journal of Civil Engineering & Management;2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p5
The article offers information on the 40-year history of the Lithuanian publication "Journal of Civil Engineering and Management." The journal's Editorial Board is consisting of 33 professors from different countries, most of them has also published issues in various journals. Several language...
- Writing for Professional Journals. Henson, Kenneth T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Jun2001, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p765
Outlines steps and procedures for writing for professional journals. Goals for publishing writings such as career advancement; Targeting journals that can help meet personal goals; Strategies for specific journals; Style preferences; List of journals and their preferences and timeframes.
- Mapping the landscape of biomedical research in Nigeria since 1967. Nwagwu, Williams // Learned Publishing;Jul2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p200
This article maps the biomedical literature of Nigeria by source/origin of publications and authorships from 1967 to 2002. This mapping is expected to provide crucial information to both government and others taking funding and related decisions regarding biomedical research in Nigeria. Data was...
- Auditing scholarly journals published in Malaysia and assessing their visibility. Zainab, A. N.; Sanni, S. A.; Edzan, N. N.; Koh, A. P. // Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p65
The problem with the identification of Malaysian scholarly journals lies in the lack of a current and complete listing of journals published in Malaysia. As a result, librarians are deprived of a tool that can be used for journal selection and identification of gaps in their serials collection....