Efficient Control of a Primary-Only Plant
- A/C Evaporator. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p7
Presents a tip from Louis Ucciferro, maintenance manager at Falcon Auto Transport, on the maintenance of air conditioning (A/C) evaporators. Importance of clean A/C evaporators to A/C operation.
- To Remove More Moisture, Lower Airflow Speed. Lloyd, Gary // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/19/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p9
Offers tips on maintenance of evaporator coils in air conditioning systems. Adjustment of coil temperature so that it remains at least 20 degrees below the room temperature; Control of the blower speed to lower the airflow.
- Chilling (or not) with Cool Surge. // Consumer Reports;Aug2009, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p8
The article evaluates the Cool Surge portable air cooler.
- COOL CHOICE ON AIRCON. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;7/28/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5138, p60
Focuses on air-con units used in trucks. Disadvantage of engine-driven air-con; Features of the DC Airco cab roof-mounted air conditioning units from Roadpro; Cost of evaporate cooler units in Great Britain.
- CUTTING COOLING COSTS. Di Domizio, Marta; Mc Shane, David // Appliance Design;Apr2009, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p28
This article focuses on electronically commutated (ECM) evaporator and condenser fan motors, possibly the easiest and most widely adopted energy-efficiency improvement, as of April 2009. In the past, the use of ECM motors was limited to premium applications because of complex and costly, fully...
- AESA, an air engineering specialist. // Textile Magazine;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p34
The article features AESA Air Egineering, an international producer and distributor of air-conditioning systems. The company handles ventilation and waste gathering for the textile sector in various operations including spinning, weaving and knitting through its products that feature the weave...
- Evaporative Cooling. Rosenfeld, Shlomo // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2004, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p30
Describes how a cooling problem was resolved at a project in the San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals medical center using a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system with evaporating-cooling. Roles of the HVAC system in human medical facilities; Indoor...
- Low-Energy Cooling Technology Looks Hot. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/23/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 17, p17
Discusses the advantages of Coolerado Cooler, a low-energy cooling technology developed by Valeriy Maisotsenko which is incorporated into air conditioners in the United States. Indirect evaporative cooling principle; Absence of chemical refrigerants and compressors; Energy efficiency; Heat and...
- Evaporator. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/26/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 17, p7
The article evaluates the high-efficiency XP evaporator from FlatPlate Inc. and offers information on capabilities, specifications, design and contact information.