East Texas City Improves Operations, Reduces Costs With HVAC Retrofits
- Geothermal Retrofit Meets Efficiency Goals. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/18/2013, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p14
The article previews several heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) machineries including the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment by the Charles Machine Works (CWM) Inc., the Web-based building automation system (BAS) by CWM, and the ClimaCool Corp.'s SHC onDEMAND units.
- Builder Chooses Mini-Splits for Whole House. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/28/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p17
The article reports on the efficacy of a mini-split heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system in a residential building. According to the author, mini-split HVAC system have been gaining acceptance for commercial space reconfigurations. It reveals that its increasing efficiency...
- Is your ventilation system up to cleanliness standards? // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2015, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the cleanliness standards for air conditioning and ventilation systems. It refers on the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 which is the Statutory Instrument of Great Britain that stipulates general requirements on accommodation standards for nearly all...
- Proper cleaning for HVAC systems. Eisele, Julie // Buildings;Apr95, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p74
Reports that facility professionals are taking greater interest in inspection and cleaning of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Details of HVAC system cleanup; Recommended frequency of inspection; Brief outline of post-cleaning test.
- Project Files: Office Park Upgrades Efficiency and Comfort. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/14/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p4
The article offers information on the heating and ventilation (HVAC) system installation project plan of Trane and Arden Reality Inc. on its five 10-story buildings at Westbrook Corporate Center to save energy, and improve occupant comfort, and satisfaction.
- 'It's Too Noisy:' Addressing Acoustics. Schwartz, Kimberly // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/14/2014, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the noise problems from heating and ventilation (HVAC) equipment that is considered as one of the most prevalent annoyance source within commercial buildings. It notes the importance of HVAC system and acoustics in the indoor environment of commercial buildings. It...
- Study Verifies Coil Cleaning Saves Energy. Montgomery, Ross D.; Baker, Robert // ASHRAE Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p34
The article cites a study which evaluates the benefits of maintaining a clean air-handler components in maintaining efficiency and costs of HVAC systems operations. It found that proper maintenance and cleaning could result to energy savings and increase airflow. It further found that building...
- 10 tips on maximizing heater performance. Hartfelder, Rich // Plant Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p45
The article focuses on tips on maximizing heater performance in factories. Heaters usually fail due to contamination and it must be prevented. Leads should be protected from damage by high temperatures and excessive movement. Heater selection and matching is also important. The equipment should...
- Kansas City's P1 Group Guides Shops. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/27/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p18
The article focuses on the hiring of P1 Group by Springfield, Missouri-based Bass Pro Shops Inc. to conduct a study on the inefficiency of its old plant's operations. Chilling equipment, cooling tower and boiler of the plant were overhauled by the two companies. Installation of York...