CODES & STANDARDS
- Standard 90.1-2013 Meets DOE Criteria. // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2014 Supplement ASHRAE Insights, p4
The article reports on the primary determination by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) on the energy efficiency standard issued by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning (ASHRAE) and discusses its implications to the 2013 commercial building energy codes standards.
- A New Path to High-Performance Buildings. STANKE, DENNIS // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2011, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p10
The article offers information on the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standard 189.1 which offers guidance on the code language for high-performance buildings. The standard is based on energy-use and indoor-environment-quality sections. It...
- ASHRAE gives nod to plan for developing MDS. // Health Facilities Management;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on the plan approved by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to aid the development and application of its multidisciplinary standards. Three of the plan's eight recommendations voted by the board of directors of ASHRAE.
- New Ashrae standard will shape future bldg. practices. Therrell, Baine // Energy User News;Jan1997, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p32
Features the revised standard `Energy Efficient Design of New Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Building,' by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers (Ashrae). Applications of the standard; Major changes in the standard; Preferred method for the...
- ASHRAE seeking comment on Standard 100-2006R revision. // Engineered Systems;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p72
The article reports on the move of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning (ASHRAE) to seek public comments on its proposed revision of the Standard 100-2006 in the U.S.
- Energy efficiency and IAQ standards move forward. // Buildings;Apr97, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the proposed revision of two standards from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. Expected changes to Standard 90.1-1989R, Energy Code for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings; Outcome of a review on ASHRAE Standard 62R on indoor...
- ASHRAE Seeks Input. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/30/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the collaboration of the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to increase the efficiency of ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.2 requirements.
- The domino effect. Keane, Tim // PM Engineer;Jan2016, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p10
The article presents information related to the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Standard 188 Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems, developed by a cross-functional team of experts from various fields including engineering,...
- Society offers new guidance for Legionnaires' prevention. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/07/98, Vol. 205 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE) approval of a position paper providing updated design and maintenance procedures to reduce the growth of disease-causing Legionella bacteria. Requirement for maintenance and housekeeping...