Off the Rack Versus Savile Row: The Value of Custom Tailoring for Equity Investors
- Attack of the exchange-traded funds -- the sequel. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/20/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the market for exchange-traded funds (ETF) in the U.S. in 2006. Key issues discussed include the advantages of investing into ETF, an examination of the key features of ETF that are relatively new in the market and an assessment of several ETF that offer good investment...
- Chinese Investors Behaveï¿½Differently. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/21/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the speculation that Chinese investor behaviour may restrain growth and performance in the mutual fund industry. According to the article, investors tend to view their mutual fund holdings less as a safe haven for their savings. In the high-turnover environment, the...
- Safe as houses. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/10/2000, p40
Reports that global property funds offer high returns to investors amidst the uncertainty over stocks. Range of global property funds that investors can use to diversify their assets; Information on the Marriott Global Real Estate Fund.
- S & P: A year of uncertainty fueling gains for value funds. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p28
Reports on investments in value funds in the U.S. for 2004. Demand from investors; Average return of value funds; Effects of economic uncertainty on investments in value funds.
- EMERGING MARKETS RIPE FOR INVESTMENT. Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Sep89, Vol. 104 Issue 1153, p78
Discusses the investment opportunities presented by funds specializing in emerging markets to investors in Great Britain. Potential rate of return; Advantages of investment trusts over unit trusts; Key features of several emerging market funds in Great Britain.
- Funds Target Income, Safety and International. Schroeder, Mary // Money Management Executive;5/6/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p1
The article offers information on several mutual funds launched in the U.S. to secure income and international security. It states that Absolute return funds are designed to provide a positive return to the policy holder. It discusses the features of global flexible portfolio funds and flexible...
- The Test of Time. // Money Today;Nov2011, p6
The article discusses how mutual fund investors could build a portfolio that can give good returns that can weather the toughest markets. Financial planner Gaurav Mashruwala advises investors not to alter their basic strategy based on market conditions and should modify their portfolio based on...
- Kissing Cousins. Deutsch, Steve // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses the similarity of mutual fund and separate account category percentage in terms of measurement of assets in which the two differ only with a few points because of the returns in the U.S. Financial advisers, however, are counseling their clients interested in these...
- World Equity Fund Inflows Outpace Domestic Rivals. Amend, James M. // Money Management Executive;5/30/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that in contrast to the declines in the broader market from March to April, 2005 equity mutual fund inflows increased month over month by about $3.5 billion. The increases were propelled by the growth in world equity funds, which increased from $7 billion in March to $11.3...