Don't Be Shy-Jump In
- Marty Kurtz on Community, Regulatory Reform, and Advancing the Profession. Nelson, Christina // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p20
An interview with Martin Kurtz, president of Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S., is presented. When asked about the top priority for FPA in 2011, he refers to the betterment of all the members and everyone participating in it. He discusses his inspiration in seeking leadership...
- Making the Most of a Mentor. Rusoff, Jane Wollman // Research;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p50
The article discusses the role of mentors in launching the careers of successful financial advisors (FAs). According to David Hubbard, president of Exemplar Financial Network, the ideal mentor is someone who has genuine concern about the other person's success. The author notes that a...
- Career Center and Coach Match Make Good Things Happen. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2006 Supplement, p30
The article discusses Coach Match, a new addition to the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) Career Center service that partners coaches and mentors with individuals seeking career and knowledge development. Those looking to learn from a coach can search the FPA's web site to find the...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.
- Thank you for being a part of the Heart of Financial Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2008 Solutions, p29
The article presents a list of individuals who have been members of the Financial Planning Association for 35 years, including Gerald S. Adelman, James P. Ambrose Jr., and Carlyle D. Apple.
- Planners set to launch mortgage broking push. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;1/27/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the possible increase in the number of Financial Planning Association (FPA) licensee members who provide mortgage broking services due to the changes to the National Credit Consumer Protection Act in Australia.