- Obama wins on Twitter, but not by much. // Backbone;Apr/May2010, p6
The article reports on the 9,000 tweets per minute generated by U.S. President Barack Obama's State of the Union speech compared to the 7,000 tweets per minute for the iPad launch.
- TECHNO-CATS. Lawrence, Rick // Group;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
Statistics are presented in relation to how valuable technology is for students, which includes the average number of gadgets owned by a student, the number of students who own smartphones or tablets and the percentage of content consumed by students on social media.
- Smartphones Drive Holiday Retail Traffic, Tablets Drive Sales: IBM. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;1/3/2014, p8
The article reports that according to IBM's digital analytics benchmark for holiday shopping trends, tablet computer account for 19.4 percent of online sales, whereas smartphones drove only 9.3% of online sales. It says that smartphones are preferred in comparison to tablet for browsing the...
- Study: TV Still King, But Live TV Viewing Is Down. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/17/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p27
The article focuses on the study from global information and measurement company Nielsen regarding television (TV) viewing in the U.S., which found out that in spite of an increase in the amount of time-shifted video and tablet viewing, TV continues to be the main device for media consumption.
- Farm tech advances pick up the pace. VOGT, WILLIE // Western Farmer-Stockman;May2013, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the benefits of using high technology devices like tablet computers, high-speed web access, and social media in operating the farm. INSET: iPad best bet for current, new offerings.
- In numbers. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/29/2012, Vol. 112 Issue 4306, p7
The article present statistics on media used at home by three and four-year old children, which include a radio set, tablet computer and Internet.
- Seven things communications pros should know about the shifting media landscape. Sebastion, Michael // CoSIDA Digest;Feb2012, p24
The article discusses the changes in the media landscape in the U.S., as well as its implications for the public relations (PR) industry. The author mentions that the media landscape have changed and evolved with the emergence of the Internet, particularly the social media technology. He also...
- IT Consumerization: When Gadgets Turn Into Enterprise IT Tools. Harris, Jeanne; Ives, Blake; Junglas, Iris // MIS Quarterly Executive;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p99
IT consumerization, or the adoption of consumer devices and applications in the workforce, is pervasive. Employees bring computer tablets and smartphones into the workplace and harness social media applications and special purpose apps for their work lives. But how should the IT organization...
- Multiplatform Content Comes of Age. SALZ, PEGGY ANNE // EContent;Mar2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p7
The article explores the trend towards the convergence of digital content. The advent of new connected devices is leading the way towards multiplatform content in 2011. Many applications and business models now aim to bring control and content to devices such as tablets and smartphones....