Tiotropium plus beclomethasone was more effective than doubling beclomethasone for asthma
- Power of placebo evident in asthma treatment. // Clinical Advisor;Sep2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
The article focuses on a double-blind, crossover pilot study conducted to 39 asthmatics, which revealed benefits of placebo inhaler or sham acupuncture in the improvement of disease symptoms among patients.
- Efficacy of pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized controlled trial. Román, Miguel; Larraz, Concepción; Gómez, Amalia; Ripoll, Joana; Mir, Isabel; Miranda, Eduardo Z; Macho, Ana; Thomas, Vicenç; Esteva, Magdalena // BMC Family Practice;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p21
Background: Pulmonary Rehabilitation for moderate Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in primary care could improve patients' quality of life. Methods: This study aimed to assess the efficacy of a 3-month Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) program with a further 9 months of maintenance (RHBM group)...
- Respiratory biofeedback accuracy in chronic renal failure patients: a method comparison. Figueiredo, Rogério Ramos; Castro, Antonio AM; Napoleone, Fernanda MG Gonzaga; Faray, Leina; de Paula Júnior, Alderico Rodrigues; Osório, Rodrigo Alexis Lazo // Clinical Rehabilitation;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p724
The article discusses a randomized controlled study carried out to examine the respiratory biofeedback impacts observed on the respiratory muscle strengthening in patients with chronic renal failure. The forced vital capacity (FVC), maximal voluntary ventilation (MVV) and other such factors were...
- Measuring Control: How can Response to Asthma Treatment be Measured? Pijnenburg, Mariëlle W. H. // Current Pediatric Reviews;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p126
Current monitoring of childhood asthma focuses on the level of asthma control and reduction of future risk to the patient. However, guidelines are not clear in their recommendations on the best strategy to monitor asthmatic children. As asthma is a heterogeneous disease with symptoms, airways...
- Steroid or Steroid Plus Long-Acting Beta Agonist for Mild Persistent Asthma. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;May2011 Supplement, p1
The article discusses a study by D. S. Postma and colleagues which revealed that although inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) are recommended for mild persistent asthma, inhaled corticosteroid/long-acting beta agonists (ICS/LABAs) provide some superiority in asthma control.
- Steroid or Steroid Plus Long-Acting Beta Agonist for Mild Persistent Asthma. // Clinical Oncology Alert;
The article discusses a study by D. S. Postma and colleagues which revealed that although inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) are recommended for mild persistent asthma, inhaled corticosteroid/long-acting beta agonist (ICS/LABA) provides some superiority in asthma control.
- Salbutamol but not ipratropium abolishes leukotriene D-induced gas exchange abnormalities in asthma. Dahlén, Barbro; Gómez, Federico; Casas, Alejandro; Howarth, Peter; Dahlén, Sven-Erik; Rodriguez-Roisin, Robert // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Oct2012, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p1375
Purpose: Leukotriene D (LTD) is a central mediator in asthma inducing bronchoconstriction and profound disturbances in pulmonary gas exchange in asthmatic subjects. The aim of the study was to compare, for the first time, the influence of the bronchodilators salbutamol (400 Î¼g) and...
- 2012 - Tiotropium improved lung function and delayed exacerbations in poorly controlled asthma. Greenstone, Michael // ACP Journal Club;12/18/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p1
The article examines the effect of bronchodilator agent tiotropium brominein asthma patients when compared with standard combination therapy. It mentions the results of the clinical trials which concludes that the bronchodilator agent was effective in control of asthma in elderly patients. It...
- The combined effect of acupuncture and Tanacetum parthenium on quality of life in women with headache: randomised study. Ferro, Eliane Cristina; Biagini, Angelo Piva; Fuchs da Silva, Ícaro Eduardo; Silva, Marcelo Lourenço; Torres Silva, Josie Resende // Acupuncture in Medicine;Dec2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p252
Background The aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of acupuncture (AC), Tanacetum (TAN) or combined treatment on quality of life in women with chronic migraine (CM). Methods A total of 69 women volunteers were randomly divided into 3 groups: AC, acupuncture...