A strong current of change
- Tale of two companies. Defendis, Megan // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p25
Focuses on the growth of USA Waste Services Incorporated and Waste Management Incorporated. Impact of the growth for the two companies; Information on John E. Drury, chief executive officer of USA Waste; Details on Waste Management's growth.
- USA Waste plans second buy in county. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on USA Waste Services Inc.'s scheduled acquisition of Waste Management Inc. Features of the acquisition; Impact on the market position of the company; Features of USA Waste's pending acquisition of Mid-American Waste Systems Inc.; Details of the expansion program of USA Waste.
- USA Waste dumping effort for Waste Management deal. Daniels, Steve; Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/12/97, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated of Houston has backed off in its bid to purchase the Cleveland-based Waste Management Incorporated. Reason for USA Waste decision; Details on what the merger could have meant for USA Waste; Information on the amount of waste collected by Waste...
- USA Waste wraps up Canada purchase. // Waste News;06/16/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p6
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated has acquired most of the solid waste assets of USA Waste Management Incorporated. Value of the transaction.
- WMI, USA Waste reset meeting. // Waste News;06/01/98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the rescheduling of a meeting between Waste Management Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated. What is to be discussed at the meeting; Reason the the meeting was rescheduled; What changes the companies have made for the meeting.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Oak Brook, Illinois-based Waste Management has merged with USA Waste Services of Houston, Texas but says post-merger services for health care customers will not change.
- USA-WMI deal to change waste landscape in NYC. Lentz, Philip // Waste News;03/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the proposed merger between Waste Management Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated, and the impact of the merger on the waste business in New York City. When the companies started operating in New York City; Comments from Richard Schrader, consumer affairs commissioner...
- USA Waste-WMI Cleveland deal fails. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;5/12/97, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p4
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated cancelled its plan to acquire Waste Management Incorporated's Cleveland-area waste operations. No reason given for the failure of the deal; Information on Waste Management; Illinois-based American Disposal Services Incorporated's wish to purchase...
- Whole lotta shakin'. Wolpin, Bill // World Wastes;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the merger of Waste Management Inc. and USA Waste Services Inc. and its implications for waste management companies. Advantages of smaller waste management companies over their larger counterparts; Importance of modernization.