Chicago-area facility recycles, energizes wastes
- Materials recovery facilities: A 1997 update. Berenyi, Eileen Brettler // BioCycle;Sep97, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on trends in materials recovery facilities used in recycling. Changing market forces that affect recycled materials; Evolution of the overall market for waste disposal; Development of cost-effective designs and operations by public and private sector owners of materials recovery...
- Recycling at Produce Terminals. Block, Dave // BioCycle;Apr99, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p56
Provides information on recycling at produce terminals in Los Angeles, California and Ontario. Top expenses for produce terminals; Operation at the Los Angeles City Market; Volumes per year of produce received by the Ontario Food Terminal in Toronto, Ontario.
- Recovering plastic film at a mixed-waste MRF Perkins, Ron; Daudon, Marc; Halpin, Barbara // Resource Recycling;Dec1999, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p35
No abstract available.
- Reusing 87 percent of the waste stream. // BioCycle;Nov97, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p27
Reports on plans to open a recycling facility in Crisp County, Georgia to segregate, process and reuse 87 percent of the waste stream from various jurisdictions. Crisp County Solid Waste Management Authority's selection of Municipal Waste Management LLC to manage the facility; Construction of a...
- Two for one. Truini, Joe // Waste News;06/21/99, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Glendale, Arizona's plan to share its new materials recovery facility with the city of Peoria, Arizona. Peoria City Council's discussion of whether to adopt a citywide curbside recycling program; Capability of the facility to handle material from both cities.
- Pennsylvania awards grants. // Waste News;12/16/96, Vol. 2 Issue 31, p6
Focuses on the efforts by the state of Pennsylvania to support community recycling programs, by issuing 121 grants worth $8.5 million. Identification of the funds donated to different recycling centers; Development of recycling programs.
- WTE plant revived. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;12/24/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p2
Reports on the comeback of the waste-to-energy (WTE) plant originally programmed for Guaynabo, Puerto Rico in 1992. Changes to be made on the site of the plant; Information on the operation of the plant.
- On the Road to Zero Waste. Korten, Fran // Yes!;Winter2013, Issue 64, p52
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of taking a tour at a single stream recycling plant.
- FIRST BEER CANS, NOW THIS. // Cycle World;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p32
Reports on the importance of recycling in Japan.