How to get what you pay for with truck warranties
- The devil's in the details: Understanding truck warranties. Deierlein, Bob // World Wastes;Mar1998, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p28
Explains about truck warranties. Three types of warranties; Pre-funded warranties; Factors that contribute to a successful warranty program; Samples of personalized warranties; Policy adjustment feature of the warranty. INSET: Value of warranty consultants. by Bob Deierlein.
- A new look at used trucks. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;Oct2000, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p31
Provides information on the factory-refurbished trucks from Freightliner dealers and SelecTruck Centers. Length and coverage of warranty for the components of the trucks; Information on the transformation from used truck to refurbished truck; Mechanical features of the trucks. INSET: Bulletins.
- Warranties: Getting Better All the Time. Deierlein, Bob // Fleet Equipment;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p26
Talks about the warranty in trucking industry. Types of warranty; Requirements for a successful warranty program; Opinions of fleet managers on extended warranties that must be purchased. INSET: International's User-Friendly Systems.
- Warranty program extended. // Fleet Owner;Jan2011, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on the extension of the warranty prorgram available with the purchase of Kenworth Class 8 trucks which will be until March 31, 2011 in the U.S.
- GM won't match DCX powertrain warranty. Guilford, Dave // Automotive News;7/15/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5993, p33
Reports the decision of chief executive officer Rick Wagoner to extend the warranties of Hummer truck in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Interest in offering a dealership instead of offering an extended warranty; Confidence of Wagoner on the quality of the manufactured trucks; Plan to introduce a pickup...
- Successful warranty management. Fisher // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct99, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p132
Discusses the importance of warranty management on United States trucking firms' efforts to reduce overall operational costs. Levels of warranty pursuit; Measurement of warranty recovery success; Evaluation of extended warranties.
- NTP to sell wear-out warranty coverage. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jan2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the plan of National Truck Protection to sell its wear-out warranty coverage to fleets and owner-operators on the open market. Coverage of the warranty.
- A game of chance. Preece, Douglas // Commercial Motor;9/23/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5400, p28
The article focuses on the issue regarding the selling of inexpensive trucks from struggling transportation companies in Great Britain. It suggests that buyers must be aware of the trucks that they planned to buy. It cites the importance of checking the legal matters of the said transaction. The...
- Warranty ABCs. Hatfield, Allison // Overdrive;Feb97, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p51
Offers advice for truckers on how to get the most out of a truck warranty coverage. Necessity for truckers to examine the different components covered and the terms and conditions of each warranty; Trend toward optional extended warranties; Importance of following the manufacturer's recommended...