- Test your buy-recycled knowledge. // World Wastes;Mar1998, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p12
Presents a quiz related to buy-recycled issues in the United States. Percentage of the Gross National Product represented by federal, state and local purchases; Number of product categories that have recycled product guidelines developed by the EPA; Number of states that have developed...
- Recycled histories. Friedman, Diana // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p112
Looks at the purchasing of eco-products or recycled products. Information on the recycled products; Description of the product; Cost of the products; Features of the products.
- Recycling. // Government Product News;Feb98, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p40
Highlights a variety of recycled products. Indepth look at the Retread Rubber Anti-Slip Floor Coating Additive; Features of the ProGrind 5100; Details on the reusable cylindrical Recycling Bags; Contact information.
- Hints and kinks. Newman, Jim // Model Airplane News;Sept97, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on methods which can be used to recycle materials and creative ideas for use around the home. Methods which can be used to pick up spilled screws; Details on brushes which can be made from popsicle sticks and sponge.
- Trends. // Waste News;11/03/97, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p1
Presents statistical information on the United States recycled newsprint recovery rates.
- State government promotes recycled-material products. // C&D Debris Recycling;May/Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the Missouri Market Development Program, a government initiative aiming to promote the manufacture of products from recycled materials. Amount the program gave state businesses in financial aid as of May 1997; Funding sources.
- Market impact of `buy recycled' policies. // BioCycle;Feb96, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
Reports on a study on the economic impact of mandates and laws specifying the purchase of recycled products in Wisconsin. Requirements for local governments; Commonly purchased recycled products.
- New symbol for 100% recycled paperboard. // BioCycle;May97, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the launch by the 100 Percent Recycled Paperboard Alliance of a nationwide marketing campaign designed to educate and reward consumers for buying 100 percent recycled paperboard products. Labeling of branded and private label products with a 100 percent recycled paperboard symbol.
- Recycled paper market update. Biddle, David // BioCycle;Mar1998, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the strategies to increase market demand for recycled paper content in the United States. President Bill Clinton's Executive Order No. 12873 that calls for federal agencies to purchase more recycled paper; Companies and organizations that have been pushing recycled paper procurement;...