Solder Preforms in Electronic Packaging
- Ensuring Reproducibility in Selective Soldering. Diepstraten, Gerjan; Schouten, Gert // Circuits Assembly;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Describes the selective soldering process in detail. Specification limits needed to achieve a reliable and robust selective soldering; Importance of process capability for defining the reproducibility of a process; Use of soldering in the automotive electronics industry.
- Low-residue soldering saves time and money. D.M. // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Discusses the results of a study conducted by a joint government-industry task force in the United States regarding low-residue soldering processes. Advantages of the use of low-residue soldering processes to the electronics industry; Reduction of pollution through the use of the processes;...
- Defining the Correct Soldering Process. Diepstraten, Gerjan // Circuits Assembly;Dec2002, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the correct characterization of soldering techniques in the automative electronics industry. Significance of flux in soldering process; Systems used in selective soldering applications; Pre-heat configuration of the soldering machine; Categories in which the cost for the soldering...
- NEMI Targets Lead-Free Alloy. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p46
Focuses on the efforts of the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (NEMI) consortium to standardized a lead-free solder alternative. Alternative alloys considered by NEMI; Objectives outlined for the project.
- Lead-free solution recommended. // R&D Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the recommendation of the National Electronics Manufacturing Initiative in Virginia to use a standard lead-free solder alternative.
- Lead-Free Wave Soldering. Westby, George // Circuits Assembly;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the processes in lead-free wave soldering. Adoption of lead-free alloys in the electronics industry; Level of various elemental contaminants in the solder; Water requirements for evaporation.
- Rework and Repair. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
This article presents ten timely tips for rework and repair in circuits assembly industry. The number one rule of rework is patience. An impatient operator can turn a simple rework operation into a major repair or scrap. Before starting rework, make sure all of the tools and equipment needed are...
- Lead-free Alchemy. Courtemanche, Meredith // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the importance of lead-free solder alloy in adjusting reflow profiles, assembling with nitrogen, and designing boards in the U.S. It states that a drop-in lead-free replacement for tin or lead solders will allow assemblers to shorten time-consuming prototyping, testing,...
- Reflow Profile Optimization. Scheiner, David // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p60
Features the use of generic reflow profile with solder plate as the key tool for process optimization and defect minimization in surface mount assemblies. Impact of the modification of the generic profile to the optimization of solderability and minimization of the given assembly; Discussion of...