New Avenues for Wave Soldering and Lead-Free Conversion
- High-Frequency Heating for Soldering in Electronics. Lanin, Vladimir L. // Circuits & Systems;Jul2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p238
Processes of high-frequency (HF) heating are examined and its parameters for the soldering of electronic modules are optimized. The advantages of HF heating are the following: selectivity by skin-effect; high density of energy; processing in any environment, including vacuum or inert gas; high...
- SOLDERING CONNECTIONS FORMATION AT INFLUENCE OF ENERGY OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS IN WIDE FREQUENCY BAND. Lanin, Vladimir L.; Al Hassan, Falah // International Journal of Engineering Science & Technology;Aug2012, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p3683
In result of investigations of frequency bands of electromagnetic fields energy influence on soldering processes of electronic modules defined conditions of reliable soldering connections formation with low transitive electric resistance and high mechanical durability. Low frequency vibrations...
- Simple fixture for static testing. Štofka, Marián // Electronics Weekly;7/23/2008, Issue 2346, p12
The article focuses on an integrated circuit for testing programmable-gain amplifiers. It reports on the benefits of instrumentation amplifiers with digital gain switching including board-space saving, higher reliability because of fewer solder joints, and lower total cost. The networks make the...
- Methodology for Analyzing Strain States During In Situ Thermomechanical Cycling in Individual Lead-Free Solder Joints Using Synchrotron Radiation. Bieler, Thomas R.; Tae-kyu Lee; Kuo-Chuan Liu // Journal of Electronic Materials;Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p2712
To examine how a lead-free solder joint deforms in a thermal cycling environment, both the elastic and plastic stress and strain behavior must be understood. Methods to identify evolution of the internal strain (stress) state during thermal cycling are described. A slice of a package containing...
- Electromigration induced failure on lead-free micro bumps in three-dimensional integrated circuits packaging. Ouyang, Fan-Yi; Hsu, Hao; Su, Yu-Ping; Chang, Tao-Chih // Journal of Applied Physics;7/15/2012, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p023505
We report electromigration induced failure on lead-free micro bumps in three-dimensional integrated circuits samples with chip on chip configuration. Compared to flip chip solder joints, micro bumps of chip-on-chip samples exhibit better electromigration resistance and are able to withstand a...
- Using lead-free solder. Henkenius, M. // Popular Mechanics;Jun91, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p61
Discusses how the Lead Contamination Control Act has brought solders into use that are a good deal stronger and better than the generations-old tin/lead standby. Tips on using new lead-free solders; Assessing the lead risk; Lead-testing kit.
- A guide to better soldering. Thurber Jr., Karl T. // Popular Electronics;Sep94, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p37
Presents tips for better soldering. Use of the right flux and tools; Accessories; Maintenance of soldering tool; Preparation of the connection and solder; Avoidance of component damage; Desoldering; Special solder jobs. INSET: Names and numbers (electronics companies)..
- Soldering. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p573
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture soldering equipment. Alloys; Equipment; Flux.
- Tecan gives enclosure advice. // Environmental Engineering;Autumn2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p48
The article reports that British firm Tecan has set up a division dedicated to the provision of electromagnetic compatibility enclosures, which offers advice and assistance, from initial concept through to volume manufacture. Typical issues to be considered by the firm include the shielding...