The Backbone of Circuit Connections
- Exar in $15M fab agreement with IC Works; eying a stake. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News;10/23/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2088, p100
Discusses the wafer production agreement announced by Exar Corp. and IC Works Inc. under which IC Works will provide wafers to Exar over a five-year period. The 12-month buying spree during which Exar consumed four other integrated circuit (IC) companies.
- Shanghai: The New Silicon Valley? Vardaman, E. Jan // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the growth of the integrated circuit market (IC) in China. Plan of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. to develop a wafer fabrication facility in Shanghai; Formation of alliances between Shanghai foundries and IC assembly houses; Establishment of design centers.
- Power-Management ICs Make Pitch For Growth. Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;07/12/99, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p32A
Emphasizes the importance of management in the integrated circuits (IC) industry. Growth of the power-supply and power-management IC market; Factors affecting the market; Need for companies to increase efficiency and integration to keep up with competition.
- ISSCC. // Electronic Design;2/19/96, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p53
Focuses on the 1996 IEEE International Solid State Circuits Conference. Technical programs; Issues and topics discussed; Participants; Contact information.
- Chip-equipment sales predicted to rise; prices increase as demand improves. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the expected sales of equipment used in computer chip factories in the United States. Worldwide factory capacity for chipmakers; Raising of storage capacity.
- How tolerant are you? // EDN;8/17/95, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p81
Presents the levels of tolerance as established by the integrated circuit industry in the United States. Live-insertion/removal-intolerant; Live-insertion/removal classification B; Live-insertion/removal-tolerant classification A and classification AA.
- Untitled. // Electronic News;10/25/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1986, p26
Reports on developments in the integrated chips (IC) industry. Intel's release of a roadmap for the OverDrive processor and a 486 upgradability verification program; Zoran Corp.'s selection as supplier of digital video compression ICs to Diamond Computer Systems; TriQuint Semiconductor's...
- BUSINESS TRENDS. // Solid State Technology;Nov2002, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the increase in the global sales of chips. Upturn of the semiconductor industry; Percentage of increase in chip sales; Sustained and durable recovery of the industry.
- Best chip investment? // Electronics Weekly;8/27/2008, Issue 2349, p38
The article reports on a blog which reports on a chip investment, posted on electronicsweekly.com.