Reflow Process Anomalies
- Erratum to: Constitutive Behavior of Mixed Sn-Pb/Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu Solder Alloys. Tucker, J.; Chan, D.; Subbarayan, G.; Handwerker, C. // Journal of Electronic Materials;Apr2012, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p800
A correction is presented to the article "Constitutive Behavior of Mixed Sn-Pb/Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu Solder Alloys," by J. P. Tucker, D. K. Chan, G. Subbarayan, and C. A. Handwerker from the Volume 41 Number 3, 2012 issue.
- New Pb-free solder alloy with superior mechanical properties. McCormack, M.; Jin, S. // Applied Physics Letters;7/5/1993, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p15
Develops a lead-free solder alloy based on the strontium-gold-zinc system. Comparison of the phase distributions of zinc and binary alloy; Effects of zinc on the mechanical strength of strontium; Impact of zinc on the solidification microstructure of the alloy.
- Fatigue resistant, high temperature solder. Gayle, Frank // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2001, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the completion of the program of the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS) to identify and evaluate fatigue-resistant solder alternatives to high-lead solder alloys. Purpose of the High Temperature Fatigue Resistant Solder Project; Details on the selection of suitable...
- Lead-free alloys analysed for thermal performance. // Electronics Weekly;6/18/2003, Issue 2104, p5
Deals with a study for the analysis of the properties of three alloys for a lead-free solder assembly by trade association IPC. Areas to be analyzed in the study; Supporters of the study; Schedule for the study's completion.
- BRAZING 20Q&A. SHAPIRO, ALEXANDER E. // Welding Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p20
The article provides an answer to a question related to welding particularly on the mechanical behavior of brazed joints of dissimilar metals at cryogenic thermal cycling.
- Wetting reaction versus solid state aging of eutectic SnPb on Cu. Tu, K. N.; Lee, T. Y.; Jang, J. W.; Li, L.; Frear, D. R.; Zeng, K.; Kivilahti, J. K. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/2001, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p4843
The reaction kinetics of eutectic SnPb solder on Cu were studied and compared in the liquid state at 200 to 240 Â°C and in the solid state aged at 125-170 Â°C. The ternary phase diagrams of SnPbCu, the morphology of intermetallic compound (IMC), and the kinetics of growth of the...
- GETTING THE 'L' OUT OF HASL. Lawrence, Brigitte; Eichhorst, Timothy // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Aug2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on various forms of lead-free alloys. Structural and conductive properties of alloys; Melting point of eutectic tin-lead; Advantage of using tin-silver solder substitutes.
- Three-dimensional morphology of a very rough interface formed in the soldering reactions between.... Kim, H.K.; Liou, H.K. // Applied Physics Letters;5/1/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 18, p2337
Investigates the interfacial morphology of the Cu-Sn compounds formed in the soldering reaction between a eutectic SnPb alloy and copper. Utilization of scanning electron microscopy in the study; Presentation of the three-dimensional morphology of the Cu-Sn compounds; Impact of the growth of...
- Room-Temperature Indentation Creep of Lead-Free Sn-5%Sb Solder Alloy. Geranmayeh, A. R.; Mahmudi, R. // Journal of Electronic Materials;Jul2005, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1002
Creep behavior of the lead-free Sn-5%Sb solder alloy was studied by long-time Vickers indentation testing at room temperature. Four different conditions of the material were examined. These were unhomogenized cast (UC), homogenized cast (HC), unhomogenized wrought (UW), and homogenized wrought...