- All Aboard the EMS Express. Levine, Bernard; Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;02/05/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p1
Reports that original equipment manufacturers are turning over production to electronic manufacturing services (EMS) companies as of February 2001. Decision of Ericsson to turn over its cellphone production to Flextronics International Ltd.; Status of the EMS business.
- Opinions Vary Over Ericsson's Outsourcing Of Handsets. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of Ericsson to outsource its handset assembly to Flextronics International Ltd. Varying views on Ericsson's decision; Significance of the contract to Flextronics; Focus on other vendors entering a similar deal.
- Ericsson to outsource handset production. Evers, Joris; Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;02/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p56A
Reports that Singapore-based Flextronics International Inc. will take over Ericsson AB facilities in Brazil, Malaysia, Sweden and the United Kingdom and in parts of its United States plant in Lynchburg, Virginia. Estimated number of Ericsson employees who will join Flextronics; Reduction in the...
- Flextronics Expands Capabilities in Asia. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Reports on expansion of electronic design and development capabilities of Singapore-based Flextronics Inc. in Asia. Increase in mechanical, electrical, software and semiconductor services in the region; Possible plans of increase in staff strength; Corporate profile of Flextronics.
- Flextronics Adding On Facilities. // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p34
Deals with the facility expansion of San Jose, California-based Flextronics International as of February 1999. Financial status of the company; Business moves made by Flextronics in 1998; Corporate credit rating given by Standard & Poor's on the company.
- FLEXTRONICS LOOKS ABROAD. Royal, Weld; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;06/12/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p14
Features Flextronics International Limited, a Singapore-based maker of electronic components and equipment. Assets of the company; Its clients; Outsourcing manufacturing moves of Flextronics.
- Wireless phone fumbles. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the problems of wireless phone companies. Profit margins of Motorola; Sales rating of Ericsson; Plan of Motorola to outsource production to Flextronics International and de-emphasize lower-margin phones.
- Ericsson Outsources Phones. // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the decision of Ericsson to outsource its mobile telephone manufacturing to Flextronics of Singapore and to assign design works to Taiwanese manufacturer GVC. Implication of the move; Market outlook for the company's consumer products division.
- The Faces of Technology Today. Buetow, Mike; Shaughnessy, Andy // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Interviews three of the top executives at electronics manufacturer Flextronics International Ltd. Product applications; Cost of integrated circuit packaging research and development; Technology-based design decisions.