January PCB Stats
- PCB BOOK-TO-BILL RATIO. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the IPC printed circuit board book-to-bill ratio in the U.S. for March 2003. Sales billed in March 2003; Comparison of bookings between 2002 and 2003; Book-to-bill ratio in February 2003.
- 'To Get Orders, Sell.' // PC FAB;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p24
Emphasizes the importance of marketing and sales plans for the printed circuit board (PCB) industry in the United States. Role of bankers, financiers and outside investors in the closure of PCB companies; Key factor in creating orders for PCB; Characteristics of the revival of the PCB industry.
- May 2003 Book-to-Bill. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
The U.S. IMS/PCB Industry Book-to-Bill Ratio for May 2003 was 1.00. Sales billed in May 2003 decreased 23.0% from May 2002, and orders booked decreased 14.2% from May 2002. Compared to 2002, bookings of PCBs are down 21.2% year-to-date, while shipments of PCBs are down 25.3% year-to-date. The...
- Saving Board Shops. Tarzwell, Robert // CircuiTree;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
The author provides insights for printed circuit board (PCB) shops on achieving profitability. He cites the benefit of switching from a complicated accounting system to a one write, one column for expenses and one column for income system. He emphasizes the importance of cleaning the shop to...
- Get The Most Out of Your Reps. Beaulieu, Dan // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
Stresses the importance of having sales representatives with good communication skills. Communication factors that may affect the performance of sales representatives; Things to consider in hiring the best sales representatives for a printed circuit boards (PCB) company; Importance of sales...
- New parent plans Proto Circuit growth. Jackson, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p4
Canada-based manufacturer of printed circuit boards, Coretec Inc. is buying Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio-based Proto Circuit Inc. and plans to expand employment immediately at the local plant. Proto Circuit, which at one time had about 110 employees, currently employs a bit more than 40, but that number...
- The Wire. // CircuiTree;Dec2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
This section offers news briefs related to the printed circuits industry as of December 2008. Institute for Printed Circuits' (IPC) North American Printed Circuits Board (PCB) Statistical Program shows that the PCB shipments dropped to 3.8% and bookings were at 16.4%. Plexus had a record revenue...
- Non-IC Design Sales Look Great. Morrison, Gale // Electronic News (10616624);09/04/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p10
Predicts the increase in sales of printed circuit board (PCB) and integrated circuit (IC) packaging design software market. Services addressed by Cadence Design Systems Inc. and Zuken USA; Approach used by Mentor Graphics Inc. in the market.
- The Asian Market: TAIWAN. Nakahara, Hayao // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the growth of the printed circuit board (PBC) industry in Taiwan and their presence in China. Background on the top twenty five manufacturers in the region; Estimated total PCB output produced by Taiwanese manufacturers in China in 2004; Sales generated by manufacturers on several...