Intellectual Property Report Made Available
- Intellectual property is still property. Easterbrook, Frank H. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter90, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p108
Argues that intellectual property is still property. Need to treat intellectual and physical property identically in the law; Patents and monopolies; Argument that rights to exclude are not monopolies; Tradeoff between quasi-rents that create short-run allocative losses and incentives to invent...
- Foreword: Owning ideas. Nance, Dale S. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer90, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p757
Presents a discussion of the legal issues on intellectual property in the United States. Patents as novel federal inventions; Peripheral rights related to intellectual property; Intellectual property as a discrete field of law; Concept of ownership; Forms of intellectual property.
- What is property? Bouckaert, Boudewijn // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer90, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p775
Presents a debate on intellectual property rights. Legal notion of property; Importance of legal doctrines in property; Role of ethics and political economy; Origins of the modern concept of property; Assessment of property rights; Incorporating legal concepts to intellectual property.
- Patents, copyrights, and trademarks: Property or monopoly? Meiners, Roger E.; Staaf, Robert J. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Summer90, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p911
Discusses the conceptualization of property rights as property and monopoly. Property right as an intrusion to privacy; Absence of basis to classify property rights as a monopoly; Alternatives to private property; Intellectual property right transactions; Balancing property rights and market...
- Intellectual property protection. Erlich, Jacob N. // Reporter;Sep94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Discusses legislation in the United States which are intended to protect intellectual properties. Legal definition of intellectual property; Protection of trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks and trade names.
- Copyright Protection and Technology. Lehman, Bruce A. // Congressional Digest;Dec96, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p294
Presents excerpts from `Intellectual Property and the National Information Infrastructure: The Report of the Working Group on Intellectual Property Rights,' which focused on special intellectual property concerns and issues. Benefits of new technologies; Public interest and the National...
- Brunelleschi's bargain. Sass, Steven // Regional Review;Fall93, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of intellectual property rights to accelerate the creative flow in the United States. Importance of innovative products in high-technology economy; Imaging revolution; Property in literary machines. INSETS: From Brunelleschi's patent.;The underside of the interface...
- Intellectual property group unveils report; ALA has misgivings. // American Libraries;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p867
Focuses on the release of the report `Intellectual Property and the National Information Infrastructure,' from the federal government's Working Group on Intellectual Property, on September 5, 1995. Response from the American Library Association (ALA).
- Insecurity interests: Where intellectual property and commercial law collide. Haemmerli, Alice // Columbia Law Review;Nov96, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p1645
Analyzes intellectual property rights and its regulation and security interests within the context of the laws and statutes of the United States. Invalidity of state laws if in conflict to the constitution; Context of preemption in the intellectual property arena; Intellectual property as...