CCA Expands Resources
- I300I/J300 now joined at the hip. // Electronic News;07/21/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2177, p4
Focuses on the alliance between industry groups, the International 300-mm Initiative (I300I) and the Japan 300mm Semiconductor Technology Conference (J300). Meetings between I300I and J300 to define standards to reduce the cost of 300mm integrated circuits factories; General consensus on eight...
- Profiles in Standards. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p6
The author presents updates on the circuits assembly industry. He mentions that in the four years he spent at Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC) working on new specifications, one of his favorite groups to work with was the Packaged Electronic Components Committee, in large part...
- Lehman Brothers Weighs In on SIA Predictions. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;2/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the move of Lehman Brothers on February 10, 2003 to question the Semiconductor Industry Association's (SIA) year-over-year sales growth prediction for 2003. Percentage of the year-over-year sales growth prediction for 2003; Impact of the threat of an Iraqi war on the global...
- Distributor semiconductor sales outpace OEM suppliers in Europe. // Electronics Weekly;5/30/2007, Issue 2290, p15
The article reports that semiconductor sales through distribution, an important indicator for the state of the European chip market, are growing more quickly than sales from OEM suppliers. This was stated by DMASS, the European distributor and manufacturer association. Anne Vernay, chairwoman of...
- ARC Joins Open Core Protocol Group. // Electronic News;3/1/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Announces that ARC International has joined the system-on-a-chip design organization Open Core Protocol International Partnership (OCP-OP) on March 18, 2004. Plans of ARC on its OCP interfaces; Comments from David Fritz, VP of marketing at ARC; Aim of the partnership.
- January Semi Sales Up 27%
Year-Over-Year, SIA Says. // Electronic News;3/8/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the worldwide sales of semiconductors in January 2004 according to the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA). Percentage decrease in sales of semiconductors; Remarks from George Scalise, SIA president, on the sales.
- Voice over Wi-Fi Gathers Momentum. // Electronic News;11/8/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 45, pN.PAG
Presents an update on voice over wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) technology, as of November 2004. Formation of the Wi-Fi Alliance, a voice over Wi-Fi and cellular convergence working group. Background on integrated circuit manufacturers that shifted their operations to Wi-Fi chips embedded in mobile...
- Renesas Joins Sematech's Manufacturing Consortium. // Electronic News;4/10/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p21
This article reports that Japanese semiconductor manufacturer Renesas Technology Corp. has joined the International Sematech Manufacturing Initiative (ISMI), a manufacturing-oriented consortium, as of April 2006. Taking its place alongside 12 other ISMI members, Renesas is sending assignees to...
- Semiconductor market surges on strong wireless demand. // RCR Wireless News;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p26
Reports on the increase in the demand for microchips as of March 2004, according to the European Semiconductor Industry Association. Sales posted by microchip companies in the months of February and March; Products driving the demand for chips.