End of an era at CM
- cm Retail Intelligence report. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p1
Announces the publication of 'The Cabinet Maker' magazine's 'Retail Intelligence' reports concerning Great Britain's retail trade in November 2000.
- 100 years ago... // Home Furnishings;May95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p52
Presents an excerpt from an 1895 issue of `Home Furnishings' magazine's sister publication `The Cabinet Maker.' Focus on original window draperies; Style and treatment; Description of the canopy drapery.
- Staff man says farewell to CM. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p37
Reports on the retirement of Brian Allport as advertising representative of `The Cabinet Maker' periodical. Highlights of Allport's career.
- CM launches Travel Club to High Point. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p3
Reports on `Cabinet Maker's launching of Travel Club to High Point which will make travel arrangements for British retailers going to the American furniture show for April 15-23, 1999. Itineraries of the spring market package offered by the club; Package rates; Discounts offered.
- New venture for cm editor. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p3
Announces that 'Cabinet Maker' magazine editor Linda Westphal will leave the magazine to pursue a career in freelance journalism and public relations.
- Expanding your horizons. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p9
The article discusses the changes in the format of the "Cabinet Maker" magazine. In this week's issue, the magazine features a different cover to reflect its diversification into accessories, lighting and soft furnishings. The magazine's commitment to convey the changes in the furniture industry...
- Margaret Miller: Perfectionist with a camera. Elliot, Ian // Teaching Pre K-8;Jan94, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p56
Visits with Margaret Miller, an award-winning photographer/author who makes excellence look like the easiest thing in the world. Her books for preschoolers including `Whose Hat?,' `Who Uses This?' and `Where Does It Go?'; Development of her interest in photography; Ideas for her books; Finding...
- Building on a great foundation. // Cabinet Maker;8/8/2008, Issue 5600, p3
The author reflects on the 125 years of Cabinet Maker magazine and his task and commitment, as the new Editor, to ensure that the magazine continues to provide its readers with the highest standards of information for the furniture industry. He asserts on their editorial policy which anchors on...
- Mother to the coonies. Wren, Laura Lee // Cricket;Aug95, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p5
Features Margaret Miller, an American woman who raises wild baby raccoons that have lost their mothers. Description of a baby raccoon; Guidelines for feeding the newborns; Things that Miller teach the raccoons; Advice on how people should treat a wild raccoon.