Consumers prepare to splash out on sofas and beds but pass on cabinets
- Multiple choices. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p10
The article focuses on a survey conducted by the periodical "Which?," according to which service is outscoring price in the retail trade segment of Great Britain. The business operations of independent furniture retailers and larger multiple entities has been discussed. Data related to the...
- Sales growth continued in September. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p3
The article reports on the trends of retail sales pattern of furniture and floor-coverings for September 2004. Furniture and floor coverings retailers saw another month of growth in September, although the rate slowed significantly. Retail stores reported an increase in sales volumes compared to...
- Even money on growth. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;7/7/2006, Issue 5495, p10
The article focuses on the growth of sales in the furniture industry and trade. The author mentions that CBI Distributive Trade Survey (DTS) shows the retailers on sales and orders for the month. He also states the positive balance for furniture and carpet retailers by the DTS Index. It...
- Questionnaire design. // Retail Trade;Nov2010, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p70
The article provides information on the questionnaire design integrated in the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS).
- Retail survey of best selling toys. // Playthings;Sep97, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p10
Presents information from a retail survey of best selling toys based on a report of sales for June, 1997. Details on the top selling SKU's; Information on the top 15 selling items introduced in 1997 only.
- Central Valley shoppers put region on retail map. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/17/2002, Issue 322930, p5
Announces the results of the California Retail Survey. Information on the sales of various retail outlets in different cities; Lists of cities with high retail markets; Amount of the total income of Central Valley.
- APPENDIX II. // Retail Trade;Aug2002, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the development of Central Frame Data Base (CFDB) for all retail trade surveys. Population targeted by the survey; Components of CFDB sampling frame; Process of data collection; Methods of measuring retail trade.
- Questionnaire design. // Retail Trade;Mar2011, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p70
The article offers information on the questionnaire design for the sub-surveys incorporated in the Monthly Retail Trade Survey such as Monthly Retail Trade Survey and Survey of Sales and Inventories of Alcoholic Beverages.
- Back-to-school shoppers push up state's retail. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/06/97, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on Michigan Retail Index, a retail trade survey that reflects back-to-school shoppers are loading up on clothing and other merchandise based on the year-to-year sales increases for August. Retailers' predicted sales for the next three months; Optimism of Grand Rapids retailers for the...