The Dynamics of Interlip Coupling in Speakers With a Repaired Unilateral Cleft-Lip History
- A status report on management of cleft lip and palate in India. Gopalakrishna, A.; Agrawal, Karoon // Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery;Jan-Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p66
Introduction: This national survey on the management of cleft lip and palate (CLP) in India is the first of its kind. Objective: To collect basic data on the management of patients with CLP in India for further evaluation. Materials and Methods: A proforma was designed and sent to all the...
- Dudak damak yarÄ±ÄŸÄ±nÄ±n overdenture ile rehabilitasyonu. Türkaslan, Süha // Medical Journal of Suleyman Demirel University;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p34
Maxillary defects are created by surgical treatment of benign or malignant neoplasms, by trauma and congenital malformation. Lack of support, stability and retention are common prosthodontic treatment problems for patients who have maxillary defects. The size and location of the defects...
- Surgical Management of a Rare Case of Congenital Double Upper Lip. Srivastava, Adit; Parihar, Ajit; Soni, Romesh; Shashikanth, M. C.; Chaturvedi, T. P. // Case Reports in Medicine;2011, p1
Congenital double lip is a rare developmental anomaly which usually involves the upper lip. It may occur in isolation or as a part of Ascher's syndrome. The occurrence of double lip may result in facial deformity especially when patient attempts to talk, smile, or even try to show the teeth. It...
- Always Moving Forward. Samples, John M. // ASHA Leader;8/28/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p47
The article describes the author's experience of helping Natasha Killeen-Wings during her long-term treatment of language/learning disabilities.
- Permanent pout. DeVita, Elizabeth // Harper's Bazaar;Apr97, Issue 3425, p112
Presents information about surgery for a pouty lips. Technique devised by William K. Boss Jr. for lip surgery; Side effects of the surgery; More information.
- MikrobiÃ¡lnÃ osÃdlenÃ rozÅ¡tÄ•povÃ© Å¡tÄ•rbiny. Urbanová, W.; Koťová, M.; Leamerová, E.; Dvořáková, J.; Tomášková, M. // Czech Stomatology & Practical Dentistry / Ceska Stomatologie a P;2013, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p104
Introduction: Surgical reconstruction of soft and hard tissues of the middle face and functional rehabilitation are keystones of the treatment of facial clefts. The surgical treatment is followed by orthodontic, phoniatric and dental treatment, also speech therapy is indicated. The patient is...
- One Million Smiles Served. Subramaniam, Gayatri // India Currents;Aug2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article offers information on the organization Smile Train that partners with community based hospitals to provide cost free surgical facilities to children with cleft lip or palate. Topics include the organization providing training to doctors, the web-accessible resource Virtual Surgery...
- SPEECH RESONANCE AFTER SURGICAL MANAGEMENT OF VELOPHARYNGEAL INSUFFICIENCY SECONDARY TO ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY. de Medeiros, Maria Natália Leite; Ferlin, Flávia; Fukushiro, Ana Paula; Paciello Yamashita, Renata // Revista CEFAC;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p418
Purpose: to investigate the effect of surgical management of velopharyngeal insufficiency on the speech resonance in individuals with cleft palate that presented hypernasality after orthognathic surgery. Methods: twenty-three cleft palate subjects underwent surgical management of velopharyngeal...
- Relative Kinematics of the Rib Cage and Abdomen During Speech and Nonspeech Behaviors of 15-Month-Old Children. Moore, Christopher A.; Caulfield, Tammy J.; Green, Jordan R. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Feb2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p80
Presents information on a study which examined the relative kinematics of the rib cage and abdomen during speech and nonspeech behaviors of 15-month-old children. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.