The Effect of Anchors and Training on the Reliability of Perceptual Voice Evaluation
- LISTENERS' EVALUATIONS OF VOICE QUALITY IN AUSTRALIAN ENGLISH SPEAKERS. Pittam, Jeffery // Language & Speech;Apr-Jun87, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the evaluation of listeners regarding voice quality in Australian English speakers. Accordance of high status on male tense voice; Evaluation of nasal voice; Type of accent loyalty.
- LISTENING. GRANT, CARRIE; GRANT, DAVID // Total Singing Tutor;2007, p32
This article explains that the sound a singer listens to when he or she sings is different from the voice that the audience hears.
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, Genevieve; Steinberg, Sybil // Publishers Weekly;12/7/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 53, p48
Reviews the book `Listen to Their Voices: Twenty Interviews with Women Who Write,` by Mickey Pearlman.
- Perception of Dysphonic Voice Quality by Naive Listeners. Wolfe, Virginia I.; Martin, David P.; Palmer, Chester I. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2000, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p697
For clinical assessment as well as student training, there is a need for information pertaining to the perceptual dimensions of dysphonic voice. To this end, 24 naive listeners judged the similarity of 10 female and 10 male vowel samples, selected from within a narrow range of fundamental...
- World literature in review: English. Beards, Richard D. // World Literature Today;Winter90, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p119
Reviews the book `Listen to the Voices,' by Jo Brans.
- Book reviews: Fiction. Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;3/15/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p98
Reviews the book `Listening to the Voices: Stories from the Flannery O'Connor Award,' edited & selected by Charles East.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Hitchcock, E.R. // Library Journal;2/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p100
Reviews the book `Listening to Old Voices: Folkore, Life Stories, and the Elderly,` by Patrick B. Mullen.
- McCone in Search of Her Roots. Bibel, Barbara // Booklist;05/01/2000, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p1597
Reviews the book `Listen to the Voice,' by Marcia Muller.
- Listening and Voice (Book Review). Dalin, George D. // Library Journal;1/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p112
Reviews the book 'Listening and Voice: a phenomenology of sound,' by Don Ihde.