Acoustic Patterns of Infant Vocalizations Expressing Emotions and Communicative Functions
- Effects of hypnosis on the fundamental frequency of voice... Fabbro, Franco; Clarici, Andrea // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Apr96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p571
Presents a study on the effect hypnosis has on the fundamental frequency of human voice in different emotional imitations. How human speech is produced; Previous studies carried out; Method of study; Task of emotional imitation; Emotional recognition; Fundamental frequency of voice in male and...
- What Sleeping Babies Hear: A Functional MRI Study of Interparental Conflict and Infants' Emotion Processing. Moreland, Margaret R. // Domestic Violence Report;
A review of the article "What Sleeping Babies Hear: A Function MRI Study of Interparental Conflict and Infants' Emotion Processing," by Alice M. Graham, Philip A. Fisher and Jennifer H. Pfeifer is presented which appeared in Volume 24, 2013 issue of "Psychological Science."
- Untitled. Balaban, Nancy // Working Mother;Oct93, p110
Discusses children's jealousy of the telephone. Parent's withdrawn attention; Pacifying the child.
- PLAY MCE. // Fit Pregnancy;Feb/Mar2015, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on a new research published in "Biological Psychiatry," which found that parents can teach children empathy and emotional concern as early as 5 weeks old.
- controlled CRYING. Barker, Robin // Australian Parents;Jun/Jul2000, Issue 116, p38
Discusses the implications of controlled crying in infants.
- Excessive infant crying: definitions determine risk groups. Reijneveld, S.A.; Brugman, E.; Hirasing, R.A. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Jul2002, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p43
Evaluates risk groups for excessive infant crying using 10 published definitions in children aged 1-6 months. Risk groups regarding parental employment, living area, lifestyle and obstetric history varying by definition; Existence of conflicting evidence on the occurrence and cause of excessive...
- Attitude Is Everything. Neifert, Marianne // Baby Talk;May2000, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p21
Suggests what to do when one's baby twin brother hits people whenever he gets upset. Why the other twin acts that way while the other does not; When the negative behavior will likely stop.
- Crying Games? Garrard, Cathy // Parenting;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p211
Talks about crying in infants. Causes of crying in infants; How to deal with infants who are crying.
- The very first â€˜awwâ€™ moments. MALLYA, INDIRA // Mother & Baby;Jan2016, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p86
The article highlights the emotional milestones of a newborn infant including their ability to show a range of feelings and emotions at 2-4 months, adopting crying as his main communication technique at 4-6 months and showing separation anxiety and being affectionate towards other at 12-24 months.