- SLD Is Not Stuttering. Wingate, Marcel E. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p381
Focuses on the flaw in three related articles on stuttering which appeared in the October 1999 issue of the `Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research.' Opinion on the use of the term stutter-like disfluencies (SLD); Definition of monosyllabic word repetitions; Invalidity of SLD as a...
- Erratum. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p814
Two attribution corrections are given for "Respiratory and Laryngeal Function During Spontaneous Speaking in Teachers With Voice Disorders," by Soren Y. Lowell, Julie M. Barkmeier-Kraemer, Jeannette D. Hoit, and Brad H. Story, which is in the 2008 issue, 51, part 2.
- Adolescents' Comprehension of Unfamiliar Proverbs. Uffen, Ellen // ASHA Leader;06/06/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p9
Presents a study on the comprehension of proverbs among adolescents, which appeared in the June 2000 issue of the `Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research.' Methodology and subject used in the study; Association between work knowledge and proverb comprehension; Findings of the study.
- Summary Publication Statistics for 1997-1999. Rice, Mabel L. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p244
Presents statistics on processing times and acceptance/rejection rates of manuscripts submitted for publication in the `Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research' from 1997 to 1999. Acceptance and rejection rates according to subject of manuscript; Averaged data for manuscripts that...
- Welcome Changes. McGregor, Karla K. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p267
The article announces that the "Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research will only be available online as of 2010. The advantages of Web technology such as online access to information and the availability of archive issues are mentioned.
- Editor's Page. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2009, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p1389
The article presents the summary statistics of the acceptance and rejection rates for submitted manuscripts to this journal during the years 2006 to 2008 and the number of days for processing time in 2008.
- Craig Formby. Caswell, Ellen // ASHA Leader;12/26/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p26
Profiles Craig Formby, editor for the hearing section of the 'Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research.' Views on technology; Educational background; Opinion on the peer review process.
- JSLHR Articles Highlighted. // ASHA Leader;05/15/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the two articles from the April `Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research' that are highlighted for the media in the `News Room' section of American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's consumer Web site.
- Cognitive Stimulation in Combination With Drug Slows Decline
in Alzheimer's Patients, Study Shows; Journal of Speech, Language,
and Hearing Research Publishes Paper... // Ascribe Newswire: Health;10/21/2004, p47
The article focuses on a study which shows that a program of active cognitive stimulation performed in conjunction with the drug Aricept (donepezil hydrochloride) produces greater mental and functional benefits in patients in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease than taking the drug alone....