Unocal has Kutei Basin discovery
- Indonesia: First deepwater development green-lighted. Delmar, Robert J. // Offshore;Dec99, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p20
States that Pertamina has granted approval for development activities to begin on the West Seno and Merah Besar oil fields in Kutei Basin offshore East Kalimantan, Indonesia. Phases of the development; Unocal's ownership interest in the project; Partner of Unocal.
- Operator as contractor saves offshore installation costs. Hagood, Scott; Perera, Edward // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug95, Vol. 222 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the economic viability of the Cercina oil field project located in shallow waters offshore Sfax, Tunisia. Operation of the field by Tunisian British Services (TBS), a joint venture between British Gas Tunisia Ltd. and Enterprise Tunisienne d'Activities Petrolieres (ETAP); Installation...
- Early production test to gauge Dagestan offshore potential. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Mar95, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p40
Reports on Russia's commercial offshore oilfield in the Inchke-More off Dagestan in the Caspian Sea. Discovery of the field in 1971; Awarding of the development contract to JKX Oil & Gas in 1993; Partners in the project; Results of JKX's feasibility studies; Planned well test programs; Profile...
- Asia. George, Dev // Offshore;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the projected production of the Suizhong offshore field in Po Hai, China.
- Kinsale head enters expansion phase. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p18
Reports on expansion plans for Ireland's main producing offshore gas field, Kinsale.
- Barents blocks opened to bidders. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p16
Reports on Norway's Industry & Energy Ministry's imposition of a deadline for applications for 45 blocks under the Barents Sea Project. Absence of commercial oil discoveries; Decline in drilling levels in the region.
- Two DSTs make Malaysian find. Tang, Peter // Offshore;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p18
Reports on offshore oil finds in Malaysia.
- Faroese, UK licensing under review. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Feb97, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the review of the first round of the licensing proposal for offshore oil in Faroe Islands. Negotiations between the island's government with Great Britain; Number of companies nominated for the licensing round.
- Discoveries migrating offshore. Akani, Fred // Offshore;Feb97, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the growth of offshore oil discoveries in West Africa. Number of offshore discoveries; Major finds.