Medical care reviewed for Hispanic Americans
- Activism and Change Among Puerto Ricans in New York, 1960s and 1970s. XAVIER F. TOTTI; RODR�GUEZ, F�LIX V. MATOS // Centro Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
The article introduces reports published within the issue including one by Iris Morales on Puerto Rican activist Richie Perez, another by Edna Acosta-Bel�n on cultural expressions of Puerto Rican identity, and one by Andr�s Torres on Puerto Ricans with disabilities.
- Puerto Rican Cultural Center in the works. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;06/04/98, Vol. 89 Issue 23, p31
Announces the creation of El Centro NYS, a Puerto Rican Cultural Center in New York, aimed at preserving and encouraging Puerto Rican arts and culture. Announcement by Republican Jose E. Serrano.
- THE "PUERTO RICANIZATION" OF FLORIDA: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND AND CURRENT STATUS. DUANY, JORGE; SILVER, PATRICIA // Centro Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various published reports within the issue, including one by Luis Mart�nez-Fern�ndez that explores the Puerto Ricanization of central Florida, one by Patricia Silver that examines the relationship between the economic transformation of central Florida and the growth of...
- Clemency for Puerto Rican Prisoners. // Progressive;Oct99, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the clemency being demanded by Puerto Rican activists for Puerto Rican independentistas in the United States. Conditional clemency offered by US President Bill Clinton.
- La Isla del Encanto. Soulet, Noemi Figueroa // Hispanic;Oct1998, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p63
Looks at some of the problems experienced by Puerto Ricans when traveling to the United States. Perceptions of Puerto Ricans toward US policies; Reference to some of the Puerto Rican cultures; Revelations of an experience encountered by the author.
- Untitled. // Current Events;11/29/93, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p2
Provides a summary of current events in the United States. Approval of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Rejection of statehood and independence by Puerto Ricans; Congress' apology on the 1893 Hawaiian rebellion instigated by the United States.
- 1898-1998: Puerto Ricans in the U.S.A. Affirming Identity, Citizenship, Nationhood. // Centro Journal;Fall1999, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p75
Features a photo exhibition of the political, cultural and economic life of Puerto Ricans in the U.S.
- When Counseling Puerto Ricans... Christensen, Edward W. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Mar77, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p412
Suggests ways in which counselors might work with Puerto Rican clients. Recognition of the family's role as a source of help; Strategies that counselors can work with the family-based support of Puerto Rican clients.
- ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY ON SOURCES REGARDING PUERTO RICANS IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. FIRPO, JULIO RA�L // Centro Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p286
A bibliography related to Puerto Ricans living in central Florida is presented including the newspapers "El Nuevo Dia-Oralando," "Orlando Sentinel" and "La Prensa."