New Zealand Marine Industry sets ambitious goals
- West coast facilities pioneered by miners. Treadgold, Tim // BRW;04/06/98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p76
Reports on how Western Australian (WA) Transport Minister, Eric Charlton announced plans for the building of a new port in WA. Details of his vision; History of WA building ports; Competition with the government-owned Fremantle Port Authority (FPA); Statistics; Measuring efficiency at ports;...
- NAVIGATING A SEA CHANGE. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/12/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p12
The article discusses the collaboration between large importers and exporters and the GT Nexus Shipper Council that aims to enhance the exchange of electric information. A manifesto for change outlines three steps the ocean shipping industry need to adopt. These are providing better service at...
- CANADIAN SHIPPERS' COUNCIL WINDS UP OPERATIONS AFTER 36 YEARS. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Feb2003, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the decision of the Canadian Shippers' Council (CSC) to close operations. Effect of the revision of the Shipping Conferences Exemption Act of creating a more competitive market driven liner shipping environment for Canadian exporters; Feeling of many Canadian shippers the CSC has...
- Change On Seaway. // Bar-Code Border;7/12/2011, Vol. 10 Issue 213, p1
The article offers information on the seaway traffic for the U.S. exports. As stated that transshipment of American iron ore from Great Lakes ports on the Saint Lawrence River to ocean-going vessels by the Canadian ships have actually cashed the overseas shipment market from the U.S. because the...
- MONTSERRAT. Wagenheim, Kal // Caribbean Update;Arp2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that sand miners shipping through the Plymouth Port in Montserrat will be given a 50 percent reduction on export charges and that three companies are utilizing the government's invitation to ship sand via the pier.
- Appendix I: Rules for Constructing Manufacturer/Shipper Identification Code. // Export/Import Procedures & Documentation;2002, p525
A variety of rules for constructing manufacturer/shipper identification code that appeared in the book "Export/Import Procedures & Documentation" Fourth Edition, are presented.
- N.J. port exports jump, report says. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;5/30/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the performance of exports of containerized goods shipped through New Jersey and New York ports in 2010.
- Asia-Europe Shippers Face Service Disruptions. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/29/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the warning issued to Asian exporters about abrupt cancellations of shipping services and shifted schedules to Europe as ocean carriers work to reverse a collapse in rates.
- DP World wins rent hike fight. Smith, Michael // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/4/2015, p32
The article reports that a proposal to increase the rent stevedores and shipping groups pay at Australia's biggest port terminal has been turned down by the Victorian government. The unrealistic proposal was to increase the rent by as much as 800 percent. The new rental deal between stevedore DP...