BHAGWAN MARINE Risky business grows into offshore services star
- chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 4th Quarter, p47
The article discusses the condition of various business sector in Venezuela in terms of shipping and the oil and gas companies in the country.
- Boat companies hit hard by slump in day rates. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/08/99, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the impact of the petroleum industry depression on supply boat companies' operations in New Orleans, Louisiana, as of March 8, 1999. Decline in day rates for supply boats; Impact on boat companies' earnings.
- Too much of a good thing? Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/20/2006 Supplement, p10
Discusses the business opportunity for project cargo carriers in the Middle East. Implication of the growth in investment of Persian Gulf oil-producing countries in the petroleum industry for the project cargo shipping industry; Lack of multipurpose vessel capacity to fill the requirements in...
- US-EUROPE'S ENERGIZER TRADE. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/4/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p36
The article reports on the steadiness of trans-Atlantic shipping business despite the onset of Europe's austerity programs as of April 2011. The possible impact of increasing oil prices on growth forecasts of containerized imports from Europe and the non-issue of overcapacity of vessel space is...
- On the upswing. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/2/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p29
Focuses on the status of breakbulk cargo shipping business in West Coast ports of the U.S. Signs of recovery of breakbulk business; Impact of steel import decline on breakbulk business; Resurgence of oil field equipment market.
- ECONOMICS. // America;4/16/1910, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p24
This section offers news briefs related to economic issues in 1910. A course of lectures on economic farming held at the Columbia University in New York City in January 1910 discussed agriculture issues. The Southern Pacific Railway reportedly consumed 40,000 barrels of Mexican oil daily. The...
- Negotiate K&R Policies. FRECH, SHANNON // American Agent & Broker;Mar2013, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on the 2013 RiskMap report issued by Control Risk, global risk consulting firm, related to increasing threat in businesses. According to the report, kidnapping for-ransom in the Middle East increased to 19 percent in the year 2012 while business threats are also prevalent in...
- Update. // Traffic World;9/27/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 39, p36
Presents graphs depicting the diesel price index, oil production and shipping costs in the U.S.
- When protectionism hurts. Davis, Alex // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 13, p30
The article focuses on the protection of the domestic shipping industry in the U.S. It mentions that the Merchant Maritime Act in 1920 known as the Jones Act causes foreign gasoline to set the market price in New York and depress Gulf Coast prices. Moreover, it highlights the Ultra Low Sulfur...