Australia's energy and mineral export earnings fall on supply disruptions
- Improvement of Government Competitiveness by Means of Taxes. Nipers, Aleksejs; Kozlinskis, Vulfs // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;2010, Issue 21, p172
Taxes are commonly regarded as a factor decreasing competitiveness of enterprises in a country, since they influence producer prices. However, the core question refers to the purpose of the use of government revenues. In case the government revenues are purposefully used to support...
- S'wak timber exports steady. // Malay Mail;10/17/2012, p19
The article reports that Sarawak is targeting an export revenue of 7 billion Malaysian ringgits from timber and timber products in 2012.
- Ethiopia earns over US$700 million from export of grains, oilseeds, spices. // African Business News;11/15/2013, p10
The article reports on the statement of the Ministry of Trade (MoT) that Ethiopia has $700 million earned from exports of oilseeds, grains and spices in 2012.
- Fiscal Accounts Stable. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
The article presents an outlook for the fiscal situation in Chile in 2011. It notes that the increasing revenues from higher tax receipts and copper exports has complemented the withdrawal of stimulus. Based on the strong economic growth outlook and the commitment of President Sebastiï¿½...
- Tariffs, Trade and Economic Growth in a Model with Institutional Quality. Chaudhry, Azam // Lahore Journal of Economics;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p31
This article shows how institutional quality can affect the relationship between trade and growth. Our model looks at an economy in which the export sector is a high-innovation sector. In this economy, a government that is politically threatened by innovation can use its tariff policy to block...
- Trade and Tax Reforms in a Cash-in- Advance Economy. Palivos, Theodore; Tsakiris, Nikos // Southern Economic Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p1014
We examine the effects of both tariff-only and coordinated trade-tax reforms on market access, government revenue, and welfare for a small monetary economy, under the assumption that a certain fraction of purchases of each good must be financed with cash held in advance. We show that if the cash...
- MoTI finalises new Textile Policy draft. // Pakistan Textile Journal;8/30/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that the Ministry of Textile Industry in Pakistan has completed the final draft of a proposed policy that will target a 26 billion dollar export revenue from 2014 to 2019.
- THE REGION. // Caribbean Update;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p1
The article presents news briefs on the economy of the Caribbean region including trade update in Central America. Central America's exports totaled 13.104 billion U.S. dollars from January to May 2012 . The major export destinations of Central America during the first 5 months of 2012 included...
- Tanzania gold exports have risen from around US$ 500 million to US$ 1.5 billion in the last five years. // World Mining News;10/23/2013, p1
The article discusses a study by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) which reveals that gold exports in Tanzania increased from around 500 million U.S. dollars to 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in the last five years ending October 2013 due to high gold prices, but government revenues remained low.