TITLE

Left-sided Amoebic Liver Abscess with Pulmonary Involvement, Pericarditis, and Pseudocholinesterase Deficiency

AUTHOR(S)
Mullan, D. P.; Williams, N. E.
PUB. DATE
January 1965
SOURCE
British Medical Journal;1/23/1965, Vol. 1 Issue 5429, p235
SOURCE TYPE
Academic Journal
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
No abstract available.
ACCESSION #
64057331

 

Related Articles

  • Amoebic Liver Abscess. Dreiling, David A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1981, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p201 

    Reviews the book "Amoebic Liver Abscess," by O. P. Kapoor.

  • Hepatic review from Bombay. Murray-Lyon, Ian M. // British Medical Journal;1/19/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6208, p171 

    Reviews the book 'Amoebic Liver Abscess,' by O.P. Kapoor.

  • Pulmonary amoebiasis presenting as superior vena cava syndrome. Lichtenstein, A.; Kondo, A. T.; Visvesvara, G. S.; Fernandez, A.; Paiva, E. F.; Mauad, T.; Dolhnikoff, M.; Martins, M. A. // Thorax;Apr2005, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p350 

    Pulmonary amoebiasis without liver involvement occurs sporadically as a result of haematogenous spread from a primary site, the colon. The case history is presented of a patient who developed superior vena cava syndrome due to a pulmonary amoebic abscess without liver involvement. He was...

  • Needle aspiration of amoebic liver abscess. sharma, M.P.; Rai, R.R.; Acharya, S.K.; Ray, J.C. Samant; Tandon, B.N. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/25/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6711, p1308 

    Examines the impact of needle aspiration on the uncomplicated amoebic liver abscess. Effectiveness of chemotherapy with potent tissue amebicidal drugs on treating amoebic liver abscess; Improvement of healing of cavities; Enhancement of biochemical and hematological variables.

  • Amebic Liver Abscess. Wiwanitkit, Viroj // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jan2011, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p85 

    A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Amoebic liver abscess: Presentation and Complications," by M. Mukhopadhyay and colleagues in a 2010 issue.

  • Diseases of Babylon: an examination of selected texts. Kinnier Wilson, J. V. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Mar1996, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p135 

    The article discusses from the viewpoint of modern medicine, and following an analysis that begun in 1967, a further selection of the identifiable diseases which were prevalent among the populations of ancient Mesopotamia. They include amoebic dysentery, operation for liver abscess, pulmonary...

  • Flexible bronchoscopy findings in lung amoebiasis: a case report. Kelekci, Selvi; Sen, Velat; Tuncel, Tuba; Sen, Hadice Selimoglu; Cicek, Muttalip; Erge, Duygu; Gurkan, M. Fuat // HealthMed;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3644 

    The protozoon Entamoeba histolytica is an agent of human amoebiasis. Amoebiasis is common around the world, especially in tropical and subtropical regions. About 90% of infections are asymptomatic, while the remaining 10% are characterized by dysentery and abscesses observable in the liver or...

  • Simultaneous Amoebic Caecal Perforation with Ruptured Liver Abscess - a Rare Presentation. Das, Somak; Gupta, Manoj; Banerjee, M.; Khamrui, T. K. // Internet Journal of Surgery;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p28 

    Simultaneous amoebic caecal perforation and amoebic liver abscess rupture is a rare complication of invasive amoebiasis with a higher rate of mortality. Though conservative management is the mainstay of treatment for well-contained caecal perforation, surgical exploration is sometimes needed for...

  • Intrathoracic complications of amoebic liver abscess. Adeyemo, Adebayo O.; Aderounmu, Adebimpe // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jan1984, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p17 

    Amoebiasis is a world-wide parasitic infestation but is more prevalent and virulent in warm countries. Of 33 patients with amoebic liver abscess (ALA) seen over a 5-year period, 24 had intrathoracic complications. Management consisted mainly of the administration of the antiamoebic agent...

  • Amoebic liver abscess with sympathetic empyema thoracis: A Case Report And Review Of Literature. Ogbole, Godwin I.; Adeyinka, Abiodun O. // Internet Journal of Radiology;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p10 

    We report a case of Amoebic liver abscess in a 42 year-old male alcoholic complicated by Empyema thoracis. He had ultrasound guided drainage of the abscess cavity with significant clinical improvement and abscess regression.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics