IN THE LOOP
- Lonely Planet Cuts 81 Positions in U.S. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p10
Deals with the employee dismissals at Lonely Planet, a travel publishing firm in the U.S. Number of employees to be dismissed; Role of cost cutting measures in the move of the company; Plan of the company to centralize its production operations.
- New Worlds at Lonely Planet. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;6/23/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p12
Looks at the modifications made by Lonely Planet, a book publisher dependent on the travel industry, to its business plan in 2003. Number of employees that will be affected by the layoff planned by the company; Problems faced by the book publisher.
- Where in the world? // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May96, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p9
Presents a contest sponsored by the firm Lonely Planet. Identification of the locality of the photograph presented.
- Where in the World? // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p51
Presents a competition from Lonely Planet the objective of which is to identify the place featured in the photograph.
- Dream, Plan, Go There, Bask. Bolger, Anna // Businessdate;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p5
Features the Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd. Factors contributing to business success; Corporate profile; Publication sales.
- Lonely Planet Has Strong '99, Sees Gains in '00. Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p17
Highlights the business performance of travel publisher Lonely Planet in 1999. Planned launching of product categories in 2000; Posted retail sales of the company; Expansion move of the company.
- TAKING STOCK FOR A LONELY PLANET. Neubart, Jack // Photo District News;Jan2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p104
Features Lonely Planet Images, a publishing company that focuses on travel photography.
- Lonely Planet Facebook app aims to inspire inexperienced travellers. // New Media Age;6/17/2010, p06
The article previews the Undiscovered Planet, a Facebook application which aims to inspire people to visit different places, from Lonely Planet.
- NEW MEDIA CHOICE/LONELY PLANET. Thorne, Amelia; Rosier, Ben // Marketing (00253650);3/23/2000, p13
Evaluates the effectiveness of the marketing campaign developed for the Web site of Lonely Planet.