Ryder: Reiman Acquisition Will Help Reader's Digest Books Division 'Unhitch The Sweepstakes Engine'
- Reader's Digest acquires Reiman publications. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications L.L.C. by the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, New York. Purchase price; Expansion of the marketing channels.
- Good Catalog/Gifts.com Up for Sale. Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the purchase of magazine publisher/cataloger Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest in the U.S. Terms of the agreement between the companies; Sale of Reader's Digest's Good Catalog/Gifts.com; Appeal of the publications of Reiman to less affluent and rural audience.
- Reader's Digest signs $760m deal. // Precision Marketing;3/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p9
Reports on a merger agreement between The Reader's Digest Association with publishing company Reiman Publications. Value of the deal; Expectations from the transaction; Benefits of Reiman from the deal.
- Reader's Digest expects new acquisition to boost business. Prezioso, Jeanine // Westchester County Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Reiman Publications LLC by Reader's Digest Association Inc. Value of the transaction; Subscription base of Reiman; Number of montly magazines that are published by Reiman; Revenue posted by Reader's Digest in 2001.
- Reader's Digest to Acquire Reiman Publications. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p9
Focuses on the acquisition of Reiman Publications by Reader's Digest Association Inc. (RD) in the U.S. in 2002. Cost of the transaction; Aggregate circulation of Reiman's twelve bi-monthly magazines; Number of copies sold annually for Reiman's bestselling cookbook 'Taste of Home';...
- M&A Driven By Need To Get Better, Not Bigger, In 2002. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p1
Reports the merger of several book publishing companies in the U.S. Accounts on the merger of Perseus company and Running Press company; Total amount of money paid by Reader's Digest Association to acquire Reiman Publications LLC; Details on the acquisition of Publishers Group West by Advanced...
- Reader's Digest gropes to find route to growth. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;6/20/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that encouraged by plans for a two-year, $100 million stock buyback and by a series of acquisitions and magazine launches, investors have snapped up shares of the 83-year-old publishing company, Reader's Digest Inc. The company's acquisition of Reiman Publications LLC in 2002...
- Breaking Down the House. Moses, Lucia // MediaWeek;4/30/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p12
The article reports that Reader's Digest Association will sell its magazine and properties by affinity area instead of title and will sell across affinity groups. The strategy is the first major change announced by new Reader's Digest Association chief executive officer (CEO) Mary Berner. The...
- Reader's Digest Back on the Block. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that Reader's Digest Association Inc. has joined the companies that went bankrupt during the downturn in 2009 and has been searching for a straight sale or to divest certain properties in a more piecemeal process.