USCIS Issues RFI for New Customer Engagement Model
- USCIS proposes processing 3/ 10 year ban waivers before alien departs U.S. (great news for crewmen, K-1's, and EWI's). Gurfinkel, Michael J. // Filipino Reporter;1/13/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p22
In the article, the author discusses the proposal by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow immediate relatives of U.S. citizens like spouses, parents and children to ask for a waiver of the 3/10 year bar for immigrant visa processing at the U.S. Embassy.
- Agency Information Collection Activities: Business Transformation-- Automated Integrated Operating Environment (IOE), New Information Collection; Comment Request. Aigbe, Sunday // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/14/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 199, p63941
The article announces that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has released a 60-day notice seeking comment on the agency's information collection request for the Automated Integrated Operating Environment (IOE).
- Marriage: Green Cards for FiancÃ©s or Spouses. // Legal Answer Book for Families (9781413313734);2011, p19
The article offers information on ways to acquire green cards by spouses of people resident in the U.S. It mentions that the permanent resident is required to fill the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to initiate the process of obtaining green card. Information on requirements...
- What Early DACA Application Numbers Tell Us About the Future of the Program. Giovagnoli, Mary // La Prensa San Diego;9/14/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on the implications of the number of applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the outlook for the initiative.
- USCIS will 'proactively' expedite immediate relative petitions by Filipinos. GURFINKEL, MICHAEL J. // Filipino Reporter;1/17/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p19
The article focuses on an announcement by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in January 2014 that it has proactively identified and is expediting petitions that have been filed by U.S. citizens for their Filipino immediate relatives who have been affected by Typhoon Haiyan.
- USCIS can use data mining to find out where you really live. GURFINKEL, MICHAEL J. // Filipino Reporter;8/22/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 38, p29
The article discusses how the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) uses information from their vast database to determine a person's true address, bank accounts and finances, and compare them to the information on the immigration forms.
- Taking Advantage of the Simplified Process of Obtaining One's Green Card. Vashistha, Anish // India -- West;4/5/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 20, pA34
The author discusses the provisional-waiver process that was introduced by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the U.S. Department of State in order to allow ineligible individuals to attain Lawful Permanent Resident status (Green Card) in the country.
- USCIS Publishes Filing Guidance for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses (Part III). Phulwani, Michael; Nachman, David H.; Singh, Rabindra K. // News India Times;6/12/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p24
The article presents an immigration filing guidance from the USCIS for certain H-4 dependent spouses with answers to frequently asked questions including the cap on Form I-765, the changes to the Form I-140 for immigrant petition, and the adjudication time for Form I-765.
- Regulatory Alert: USCIS Issues New Policy for L-1B Visas. // Small Business Advocate;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on a policy memorandum issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on March 24, 2015 which provides guidance on L-1B visa classification processing.