Raytheon [RTN]: Raytheon Offers Concrete-Breaching Rescue Tool on GSA Schedule
- New Technologies Focus on First Responder "Capability Gaps" and Needs, Part 1. DITTMAR, MARY JANE // Fire Engineering;May2009, Vol. 162 Issue 5, p55
The article presents information on a list of technological advances in the field of emergency response for the past 10 years, since 2009. Lightweight Autonomous Chemical Identification System is a battery-operated chemical detector that requires little maintenance. Raytheon's Controlled Impact...
- A CONCRETE SMASHER FOR RESCUE CREWS. Carnett, John B.; Bright, Adam; Dyer, Nicole; Kuang, Cliff // Popular Science;Dec2008, Vol. 273 Issue 6, p44
This article discusses the development of demolition technology by Raytheon Co. that can open a hole in a concrete wall. The significance of this technology for first responders who need to save time in emergency management and rescue work is considered. The availability of more information...
- CSEL project to Rockwell. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/8/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 15, p47
Reports that Rockwell has won a contract to develop a secure communication and location system for the US Air Force's Space and Missile Systems Center. Features of the Combat Survivor Evader Locator system; Use of the system for search and rescue of down pilots in combat situations.
- Lifesaving gear. // Yachting;Jul95, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p50
Presents various lifesaving equipment and supplies for rescue works in boating accidents. Includes a rescue platform to delay hypothermia; Automatic inflatable buoyancy aid packs; Inflatable life vest with harness.
- Collapse search and rescue operations: Tactics and procedures. O'Connell, John P. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p95
Focuses on the use of split sole raker shores during collapse search and rescue operations. Description of a split sole raker shore; Raker erection; Elevated angles; Horizontal bracing.
- Two-way rescue winch. // Occupational Hazards;Jul93, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p65
Features Research and Trading Corp.'s 2752 Extricator II. Self-retracting lanyard for confined space entries where falls are a possibility.
- Sledding on thin ice. Vara, Jon // Yankee;Jan96, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the Ice Rescue Sled, an aluminum and foam flotation device designed specifically for ice rescue. Features of the design; Popularity of the device.
- Robot `insects' create a buzz. Silber, Kenneth // Insight on the News;04/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p39
Reports on the creation of `micro-air vehicles' to help response teams to natural disasters find survivors in the 21st century. Physical features of the micro device; Featured functions; Developer.
- TL rescue squad gets new ambulance. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 95, p2
The article reports on a new ambulance that the Tupper Lake Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Squad in New York has bought from Grove City, Ohio-based Horton Emergency Vehicles.