Moms Today: Calling for action
- First lady to restaurants: Cut your cream and butter. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;9/14/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p22
The article focuses on the statement from First Lady Michelle Obama in which she urged owners of restaurants to consider a wider variety of healthy menus to address obesity in children.
- Michelle Obama starts project to combat childhood obesity. Tanne, Janice Hopkins // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/20/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7743, p387
The article deals with "Let's Move" program launched by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama to address childhood obesity in the country.
- First Lady pays a visit to New Jersey elementary school. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;11/25/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 48, p4
The article reports that U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama visited the Maple Avenue School in Newark, New York on November 18, 2010 to advocate her national platform of children's healthy eating habits and to raise awareness about childhood obesity where she discussed a report on childhood obesity...
- Industry supports health campaigns. Sweeney, Dawn // Nation's Restaurant News;4/5/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
In this article the author discusses the health campaign, Let's Move, launched by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama to include more fruits, vegetable and juice in student lunches in order to prevent and eliminate childhood obesity.
- first impression. Salvatore, Diane // Prevention;Mar2012, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Could It Happen Here," by a team of award-winning writer-photojournalists, and feature on the second anniversary of First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move!
- Michelle Obama's school cafeteria. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;2/23/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
The author examines the effectiveness of the initiative of U.S. First Lady Michele Obama in preventing childhood obesity.
- A Garden Changes History. Tarrant-Reid, Linda // Washington Informer;6/2/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 83, p21
In this article, the author discusses the Let's Move! Initiative program launched by First Lady Michelle Obama to solve the challenge of childhood obesity within a generation.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Friedman, Nick // Scholastic Parent & Child;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
The article comments on the Let's Move campaign of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama which battles against obesity in children.
- Michelle Obama Tackles Childhood Obesity. Halvorson, Ryan // IDEA Fitness Journal;May2010, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the involvement of U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama in the Let's Move campaign of the U.S. government in May 2010 with the aim of addressing the issue of childhood obesity.