Appeal rejected claims immediately or count on being denied proper reimbursement
- Electronic transactions deadline looms. Fitzgerald Jr., Walter L. // Drug Topics;9/15/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 18, p56
Reports on the deadline for the electronic submission of healthcare claims and the electronic submission of Medicare claims in the United States. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services documents that are useful for complying with the deadline; Process involved in the electronic submission...
- Medicare Regulations--Judicial Review--Bowen v. Michigan Academy of Family Physicians. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1986, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p162
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court not to bar the judicial review of a regulation to authorize the payment of benefits under part B of the Medicare program. Benefit of patients dissatisfied with the payment scheme; Approval of certiorari in favor of respondents on statutory...
- Medicare: Coverage for Home Oxygen Treatment--Matthews v. Shalala. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1993, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p360
Reports on the denial of a request for preliminary injunction to appeal for the Medicare coverage of a plaintiff's home oxygen treatment. Proof of the rigidity of the Medicare payment system; Rule on the selection of a mode of treatment not previously determined by the Department of Health and...
- You Be the Coder. // Family Practice Coding Alert;Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p76
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the rejection of the claims for B12 injection by the Medicare.
- Changes in hospital ownership costly to Medicare. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep97, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the Office of the Inspector General report issued on HCFA legislation proposal to eliminate the requirement that Medicare and Medicaid make adjustments for gains or losses when hospitals undergo changes of ownership. Depreciation adjustments of Medicare financial risks; Analysis of...
- Medicare rebates. JONGEN, HANK // Money (Australia Edition);Nov2014, Issue 173, p13
The author discusses electronic and over-the-counter claiming of Medicare rebates from the Australian Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Paper Claims Are Going To Be Different for ICD-10 Prep. // Health Information Compliance Alert;May2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, pp38
The article presents an answer to a question of whether paper claims to Medicare will be different from ICD-10 implementation in the U.S.
- Medicare changes may be costly for insurers, employers. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;3/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that the proposal to change Medicare which would require insurers liable for reporting claims from Medicare beneficiaries will increase costs for insurers and employers according to analysts.
- Know When To Submit Your Claims For PECOS-Pending Docs. // Eli's Home Care Week;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p290
The article provides an answer to a question of when to submit the Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) applications for claims in the U.S.