Racism and health among urban Aboriginal young people
- The Design and Relevance of a Computerized Gamified Depression Therapy Program for Indigenous Maori Adolescents. Shepherd, Matthew; Fleming, Theresa; Lucassen, Mathijs; Stasiak, Karolina; Lambie, Ian; Merry, Sally N // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Mar2015, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
Background: Depression is a major health issue among Maori indigenous adolescents, yet there has been little investigation into the relevance or effectiveness of psychological treatments for them. Further, consumer views are critical for engagement and adherence to therapy. However, there is...
- Coping with racism: a selective review of the literature and a theoretical and methodological critique. Brondolo, Elizabeth; Brady ver Halen, Nisha; Pencille, Melissa; Beatty, Danielle; Contrada, Richard J. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p64
Racism is a stressor that contributes to racial/ethnic disparities in mental and physical health and to variations in these outcomes within racial and ethnic minority groups. The aim of this paper is to identify and discuss key issues in the study of individual-level strategies for coping with...
- Aftercare of depressed inpatients: Service delivery and unmet needs. Ramana, R.; Paykel, E. S.; Melzer, D.; Mehta, M. A.; Surtees, P. G. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p109
Background In contrast to acute treatment, delivery of aftercare to depressed patients has not been well studied. Poor care may contribute to poor outcomes for treated depression. Methods One hundred and two patients discharged from hospital with unipolar depression were followed up 18 months...
- A ONE-TWO PUNCH FOR TWO OF WINTER'S SIDE EFFECTS. // Running & FitNews;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Provides information on several treatments for seasonal affective depression.
- Feeling Blue? Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Hammers, Maryann // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p34
Presents information on study which states that an average person feels down about three days a month.
- WHEN A FRIEND IS DEPRESSED. Gumper, Bethany; Sherman, Alexa Joy // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p114
Presents suggestions for helping someone to overcome mental depression.
- Depression briefing. // Crain's Detroit Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p19
Cites the symptoms of depression. Includes loss of interest or pleasure in ordinary activities; Feelings of guilt, worthlessness or helplessness; Thoughts of death or suicide; Irritability; Excessive crying; Complaints of unexplained aches and pains.
- THINGS FALL APART. Carroll, Denolyn // Essence (Essence);Dec2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p90
Presents information on clinical depression. Symptoms; Prevalence; Treatment.
- Sister, Interrupted. Payne, Andrea Manuelita // Heart & Soul;Sep2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p104
Presents suggestions related to the control of depression and mental health.