Adolescents' perceptions about smokers in Karnataka, India
- What's new in Nicotine & Tobacco Research? Hébert, Richard // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Nov2008, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1577
The article discusses various reports within the issue, including one by Jennifer M. Bombard and colleagues on polytobacco use among adolescents, and another by Emilia Lombardi, and colleagues on impact of early sexual experiences on gay men's tobacco use.
- New trend in teen smoking leads to health warnings. // Nation's Health;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the alarm caused by a trend in teen smoking in Massachusetts. Percentage of Boston teens who smoke bidi, an Indian cigarette; Information on bidis; Results of a study involving bidi smokers.
- Tobacco Use Among Middle and High School Students --- New Hampshire, 1995-2001. Knight, S; Pelletier, A; Peterson, E; Walls, A; Johnson, J; Ryan, H // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/10/2003, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p7
Examines trends in smoking prevalence among adolescents in New Hampshire using data from the New Hampshire Youth Risk Behavior Survey and the New Hampshire Youth Tobacco Survey during 1995-2001. Factor that is expected to have an impact on tobacco use by adults; Limitations of the findings;...
- Waving the fag. Carlyon, Patrick // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/6/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6371, p15
This article reports that smokers go to great lengths to indulge their addiction. It is rare for smokers to trump an anti-smoking lobby that leverages millions of sponsorship dollars and invokes public opinion to support their cause, even when public opinion cannot be measured. The Melbourne...
- Smoking and conflict. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1994, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the Australian Institute of Family Studies' survey titled `Smokers and their Families.' Examination of the differences between adolescent smokers and non-smokers; Relation between adolescent smoking and parental smoking; Male smokers' frequency of arguments with parents.
- Killer Smoke. // Scholastic Choices;Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, pT2
Focuses on the danger of smoking on teenagers in the U.S. Lifetime addiction awaiting the teenage smokers; Unawareness of some adolescents on the health risks of the vice; Responsibility of cigarette companies on the teenagers addicted to smoking.
- Trends in Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking Among U.S. Adults. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;03/03/99, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p405
Looks at the overall adult smoking rates in the United States from 1955 through 1995.
- `Kids are getting hooked.' // U.S. News & World Report;9/26/94, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p24
Reports that kids are getting hooked on nicotine in alarming numbers, according to Dr. Paul Torrens of UCLA, chairman of a panel that issued a 306-page report on the consequences of youthful smoking. Panel recommendations to curb smoking by the young; Raising of cigarette tax; Banning of all...
- Smoker numbers edge close to 1 billion. // African Journal of Respiratory Medicine;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p2
The article offers information on reports concerning global smoking prevalence in 2014.