Cinar Corp. Chief Exec Shuns Shareholder Ouster Attempt
- Cinar Corp. Exec Shuns Ouster Attempt, Rolls Out Rebuilding Plan For 2002. // Electronic Education Report;12/19/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p6
The article reports on the move of Robert Chapman, a stockholder of entertainment and education company Cinar, to oust CEO Barry Usher at the annual shareholders meeting on April 29 in Montreal, Quebec. Chapman was dissatisfied about how Usher runs the business. Usher has refused to call a...
- Usher Bows Out Early As Cinar Searches for CEO. // Educational Marketer;9/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p9
Reports on the resignation of Barrie Usher from his post as president and chief executive officer of Montreal, Quebec-based education and entertainment company Cinar Corp.
- Usher Bows Out, Cinar Continues Hunt for CEO. // Electronic Education Report;9/13/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the early resignation of CEO Barrie Usher from the board of directors of Cinar, the Montreal, Quebec-based education and entertainment company on September 15, 2002. Acceleration of the time schedule after ouster attempts by disgruntled shareholders; Role of Usher in the efforts to...
- Cinar prexy-CEO Usher to ankle. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;9/11/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 71, p5
Reports the resignation of Barrie Usher prexy chief executive officer of Cinar in Canada.
- CEO Usher's out at Cinar. Kelly, Brendan // Daily Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the resignation of Barrie Usher as chief executive officer of Cinar, the troubled kids television producer of Canada.
- Cinar's Usher takes early exit. Vlessing, Eton // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/10/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the announcement by troubled Canadian production company Cinar Corp. regarding the resignation of its chief executive officer and president Barrie Usher from his post earlier than expected. History of Usher's association with Cinar; Reason for the change in scheduled date of...
- Cinar's Usher Replaced On Lightspan Board, Too. // Electronic Education Report;10/25/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p4
Reports on the resignation of Barrie Usher as chief executive officer of Cinar Corp. in the U.S. Partnership between Cinar and Lightspan Inc.; Appointment of Douglas Holtby as member of the board of director at Cinar; Investment of Cinar in Lightspan.
- 'Tank Engine' drives Gullane sales, profits. Hargreaves-Allen, Christoph // Daily Variety;03/22/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p7
Reports on Gullane Entertainment's earnings for the second half of 2000. Total sales; Pre-tax profits; Major revenue sources.
- 'Tank' house profits rise. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;3/20/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 15, p15
Reports the growth in the pre-tax interim profit of Gullane Entertainment based in London, England.