McGraw-Hill Education Takes Biggest Hits In Cost Cutting
- McGraw-Hill elects `Terry' McGraw chairman. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p8
Reports that the board of the publisher, The McGraw-Hill Cos., has elected Harold McGraw III as chairman, effective January 1, 2000.
- McGraw scion elevated. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the appointment of Harold McGraw as president and chief operating officer of the McGraw-Hill Inc. Predecessor.
- Re-education plan. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/14/98, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the contributions of Harold McGraw III to the McGraw-Hill Cos. Focus of Harold on cost-cutting and business growth; Stock price gains; Career history of Harold.
- Publishers Find Mixed Results in K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006, Gains in College Market. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of educational publishers in the U.S. in the first six months of 2006. Among the largest educational publishers to announce first-half financial results, Pearson Education Inc. is the pace-setter. Harold McGraw III, president and CEO of...
- Global Is Good for McGraw. Benjamin, Matthew; Bock, James // U.S. News & World Report;12/5/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 21, pEE8
The article profiles Harold McGraw III, the chairman and chief executive of the McGraw-Hill Companies. McGraw comments on the benefits of globalization and trade liberalization. McGraw-Hill publishes "BusinessWeek" magazine, but also sells books and rates bonds. McGraw-Hill's financial...
- McGraw-Hill and MSC.Software Develop Interactive Package. // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p5
Reports that McGraw-Hill Higher Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, will use an MSC.Software product to enhance its engineering textbook series.
- McGraw-Hill EM's Largest U.S. K-12 Print Supplemental Publisher, 2000. // Educational Marketer;7/2/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the leadership of McGraw-Hill in K-12 supplemental print publishing in 2001.
- At Mid-Point, Pearson Education and McGraw-Hill Are Bullish On The Year. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the sales and earnings of publishers McGraw-Hill and Pearson Education for the first half of 2001.
- McGraw-Hill Education Leads EM's U.S. Print Supplemental Publishing Index for 2002. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the number one rank of McGraw-Hill at the top EM's index of the largest publishers in the U.S. Total amount of sales from supplementary materials in the year 2002; Percentage of sales growth; Corporate revenue.