- College search SW benefits students. // T H E Journal;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p20
Reports that computerized college search programs are second only to a campus visit for gathering valuable college information. Rating of CollegeView's College Search Function; Features of College View CD-ROM for Mac or Windows; Electronic college applications.
- CS: A Required Course? // Software Practitioner;May/Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the growth of American universities and colleges requiring students to take computing course.
- Nation's universities developing Internet 2. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;12/25/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p14
Reports on the collaboration of universities across the United States to develop a second Internet. Deployment of advanced computer network applications; Assistance of Microsoft Corp. in the venture; Launch of advanced mobile services by America Online.
- The University Intranet. Weiner, Suzanne T. // EContent;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p66
Presents information on university intranets in the United States. Benefits of the World Wide Web for universities; Multiple roles of the intranet; Difference between corporate and university intranets.
- Doors open to the virtual university. Chen, Anne // PC Week;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p71
Focuses on universities' use of intranets to deliver educational content and services in the United States. Functionality of the intranets in education; Activities at the Case Western Reserve University.
- Bush to U.S. colleges: Send in the CIOs. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;9/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p16
Focuses on the cyber-strategy higher education proposals for the colleges in the U.S. Improvement of the security measures; Establishment of contact to the Internet service providers and law enforcers; Need for user awareness program.
- From Star Trek to the enterprise. Doyle, Eric // Computer Weekly;5/23/2002, p64
Reports the use of the 500Tbyte storage system by Stanford University for its Linear Accelerator experiments in the U.S. Features of the storage system; Aim of the experiments to show the imbalance between matter and antimatter; Creation of a caching system to balance the output of the...
- Four schools require micros be purchased by students. // Library Journal;2/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p327
Cites a report by Knowledge Industry Publications' 'Educational Marketer,' which states that four educational institutions of the United States have plans to require students to purchase microcomputers for their studies and access to campuswide electronic network. Reasons given by institutions...
- Handheld Computers Made Easy. Rivard, Nicole // University Business;Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the significance of the use of personal digital assistants (PDA) or handheld computers in universities and colleges in the U.S. Advantages for students; Comparison of handheld devices with laptops and personal computers; Contribution of PDA devices to the formal education and training...