Status and risk factors of unintentional injuries among Chinese undergraduates: a crosssectional study
- Glue Might Work Better. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/27/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article reports about the man trying to scale Grand Canyon and getting injured after falling.
- How to Survive a 31-Foot Fall. TONN, SHARA // Men's Health;Sep2015, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p74
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of falling 31-feet on the ground from the attic of a church that caused broken bones in his legs and feet and recovering from these injuries.
- How to survive a spill. K.A. // Shape;May2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p56
Reports on how to avoid injury from a fall. Training of the body for the back of the shoulder to hit the ground first; Wearing of a helmet.
- Preventing Falls at Home: Transforming Unsafe Spaces into Healthy Places for Older People. Northridge, Mary E.; Levick, Nadine // Generations;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p42
Proposes a conceptual framework for thinking about preventing falls in older adults that is an extension of an existing paradigm, and takes into account the complex interplay between people and places. Importance of space and place for older adults; Information on the changing needs of older...
- Results of Intervention Research: Implications for Practice. Rose, Debra J. // Generations;Winter2002/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p60
Focuses on several intervention strategies that have been proven to be most effective in reducing fall incidence rates and fall-related injuries among the older adult population. Role of exercise in reducing fall risk and fall incidence rates in older adults; Information on environmental...
- FREE FALLS & SUDDEN STOPS. Galpin, Arnold Timothy // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Aug2010, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p54
The article offers the author's views on the common equipment, use restrictions, and common misapplications of fall protection products in work-safety related industries. He asserts that all individual should know how to select and apply fall protection properly to maximize safety and minimize...
- Prevent falls to stop deaths. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on research on falls among elderly people which was conducted by researchers in Western Australia and found that the prevention of falls in the elderly is essential to reduce the mortality rate which associated with them.
- Falls in the Elderly. Fuller, George F. // American Family Physician;4/1/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p2159
Discusses ways on how to minimize the morbidity and mortality of falls in the elderly. Epidemiology of falls in the elderly; Evaluation of the elderly patient who falls; Prevention of falls.
- Falls, Fractures and Trauma. // Age & Ageing;Nov2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 33, p24
Presents abstracts of communications to the British Geriatrics Society Spring Meeting held in April 2004 on the topic of falls, fractures and trauma. They include "Medical Complications in Fracture Rehabilitation Patients," "Cognitive Assessment in Orthopaedic Wards - Validating Clock Face...