Correlation between driving-related skill and alcohol use in young-adults from six European countries: the TEN-D by Night Project
- Mental Health Needs of Young People with Problematic Drug and Alcohol Use in Manchester. Marshall, Ruth; Theodosiou, Louise; Bhat, Prashant; Ghosh, Anita; Ark, Jade // ISRN Public Health;2012, p1
Background. Studies have indicated possible links between substance use disorder and other psychiatric disorders and suggested a high prevalence of unmet mental health needs amongst those with substance use disorders compared to the general population. Method. The study investigated the mental...
- It's five o'clock somewhere: an examination of the association between happy hour drinking and negative consequences. Baldwin, Julie Marie; Stogner, John M.; Lee Miller, Bryan // Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention & Policy;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Background This study aims to understand which young adults' drinking behaviors change in the presence of happy hour specials, the ways in which they change, and whether a link exists between happy hour drinking behavior and negative outcomes. Methods Using data collected from bar-going...
- Alcohol consumption and risky sexual behavior among young adults: evidence from minimum legal drinking age laws. Ertan Yörük, Ceren; Yörük, Barış // Journal of Population Economics;Jan2015, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p133
This paper exploits the discrete jump in alcohol consumption at the minimum legal drinking age (MLDA) in the USA and uses a regression discontinuity design to investigate the relationship between drinking and risky sexual behaviors among young adults. Using confidential data from the National...
- Substance Use in the US College-Age Population: Differences According to Educational Status and Living Arrangement. Gfroerer, Joseph C.; Greenblatt, Janet C.; Wright, Douglas A. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1997, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p62
Objectives. Substance use in the college-age population is an important public health and educational concern. This study compared rates of use among college students and non students, including high school dropouts. from a single data source representative of the nation. Methods. Rates of use...
- Alaska Natives see 'heartbreak' in suicide rate. D'Oro, Rachel // Navajo Times;12/16/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 50, pC6
The article focuses on the high rate of suicides in Native communities across the U.S., which is believed to be the result of silence in young people denying pain by resorting to alcohol and drugs.
- Ceo mom. Evans, Carol // Working Mother;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
Relates the adventure of automotive driving by teenagers in New York. Feeling of independence; Avoidance of the tragedy of teenage drivers; Option not to engage in drug abuse.
- Teenage Wasteland. Deer, Jessica // Eastern Door;1/27/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
In this article, the author expresses her concern about the dangerous practice of drunken driving by young adults in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Drinkaware campaign hits home. // Morning Advertiser;1/13/2011, Issue 523, p6
The article reports that the Drinkawae campaign has been adopted by almost 80 percent of young adults in England.
- Bar talk. // Morning Advertiser;11/11/2010, Issue 518, p5
The article offers views from several pub operators on the change of drinking habits of young people in Great Britain including drinking real ale often, the popularity of bottled ciders and shots and their move away from draughts and lager.