Cost-effectiveness of intensive inpatient treatments for severely obese children and adolescents in the Netherlands; a randomized controlled trial (HELIOS)
- Child and adolescent obesity in the 21st century: an Australian perspective. Baur, Louise A // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 11, pS524
The early 21st century has seen the development of a global epidemic of obesity in both developed and developing countries. In Australia at least one in five children and adolescents are overweight or obese, with rapid rises in prevalence apparently continuing. Similar trends are seen in other...
- Number of overweight children and adolescents is rising. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the number of overweight children and adolescents in the United States is rising at an alarming rate. Decline in physical activity as main cause; Dietary trends; Need for prevention.
- US childhood obesity has peaked. // New Scientist;5/31/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 2658, p7
An excerpt from the research on obesity in children and adolescents in the U.S. that was published in vol. 299 of the "Journal of the American Medical Association" is presented.
- Surgeon General Releases Goals and USPSTF Updates Recommendations on Obesity. // American Family Physician;3/1/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p581
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) to update its screening recommendations for childhood and teenage obesity and the release of the Surgeon General's Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation 2010 report highlighting the prevalence of obesity in the U.S.
- Body mass index and percentage fat mass in healthy German schoolchildren and adolescents. Schaefer, F; Georgi, M; Wühl, E; Schärer, K // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;May1998, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p461
OBJECTIVE: To provide reference data for obesity indices in Mid-European schoolchildren and adolescents, to evaluate the usefulness of body mass index (BMI) as an indicator of obesity in children, and to analyse the patterns of fat accumulation during childhood. DESIGN: Cross-sectional...
- Flatness of Fatness. Sullum, Jacob // Reason;Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p11
The article provides information on the report from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey which shows that obesity rates among children and adults in the U.S. have leveled off.
- Trends and projections of obesity among Canadians. Bancej, C.; Jayabalasingham, B.; Wall, R. W.; De Groh, M.; Rao, D. P.; Do, M. T.; Jayaraman, G. C. // Maladies Chroniques et Blessures au Canada;Sep2015, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p109
The article focuses on the obesity prevalence in Canada according to the age groups, children, adolescence, and adults
- Consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity. Kah Yin Loke // Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 11, p702
Focuses on the health risks associated with childhood and adolescent obesity. Discussion of the physical consequences of early obesity; Recognition of the chronic diseases that may arise from obesity.
- School-based approaches for preventing and treating obesity. Story, M // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Mar1999 Supplement, Vol. 23, ps43
Schools have the potential to make valuable contributions to both the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity. This article reviews the research on school-based interventions to prevent and treat obesity. A literature search from 1965 to the present on school-based treatment of obesity,...